Poseidon Swimming Superhero Splashdown LC Meet
Poseidon Swimming’s Superhero Splashdown Long Course (50m) swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to all swimmers who are registered to swim through May 2018. The meet will be held April 20-22, 2018 at the Jeff Rouse and Sport Center, 1600 Mine Road, Stafford, VA, 22554. The deadline for signups is midnight, Sunday, April 8 2018.
This is a long course (50m) meet. That means that no 25y events are available. The pool is configured so that 50m is one length of the pool.
- Friday afternoon session will include events for swimmers 9 & over only.
- Saturday and Sunday morning sessions will include events for all 12 & under swimmers.
- Saturday and Sunday afternoon sessions will include events for all 13 & over swimmers.
This meet is NOT included in your swim dues. Fees for the meet will be billed to swimmer accounts -Individual events: $7.00 per event and a swimmer surcharge: $2.50 per person (entered in the meet in any capacity). Swimmers may enter a maximum of 2 individual events on Friday, and 3 individual events per day on Saturday and Sunday.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. No outside food or beverages are allowed in the facility. No flash photography is permitted.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “Poseidon Swimming Superhero Splashdown LC Meet” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign <Name> up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear. Don’t worry if there are NTs in the Best Time column. These are USA swim times. If this is your first year with BASS and you have not attended a long course meet, your swimmer will not have any times.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 2 individual events on Friday, and 3 individual events per day on Saturday and Sunday. Your swimmer can swim in FEWER than maximum number of events per day/session, but they cannot swim in MORE THAN 2 events on Friday, and 3 each day on Saturday and Sunday. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight. Don’t worry if there are NTs in there.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks, <Name> will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.