Swim Around Key West
Participating families must do the following:
1) Complete the form for the open water event for each participating swimmer (PDF is available on this webpage) and turn it in with payment to the safe in the swim office (payable to Wellington Swimming) by Wednesday, June 6th.
2) Complete the survey for participation before Tuesday, June 5th https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9M7GMC5
3) Declare events for the Key West ABC Invitational Meet via OnDeck or this website by Friday, June 8th.
4) Hotel Reservations. We have a group rate at Gates Hotel. Rate is $229/night plus taxes. Rate valid until 6/8/18
The Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West (no group rate, but there are competitive online rates through Marriott.com. Hotels are close to one another.
5) Stay tuned for more information
Online sign up now available for the Key West Swim Meet at KW Community College. Meet information has been posted.
OPEN WATER - MEET INFORMATION NOW POSTED BELOW:
The Only Sanctioned, Insured and US Coast Guard Permitted Race around Key West
Schedule of Events for Open Water & Swim Around Key
800 yd, 1 mile & 2 mile SWIM or compete in all 3 and 10K (6.2 mile)
Check-in at 8:00 – 8:20am, Race starts at 8:30am for 10K and
800 yard swim.
1 mile swim to begin 10 minutes after completion of 800 yard race.
2 mile swim to begin 10 minutes after completion of 1 mile race. 2 mile swim Location/Course: The Atlantic Ocean in front Higgs Beach. Start in swimming area and swim around buoys and back to swimming area.
Events: Age groups: 8 & U, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & Over
Awards: Trophies for top 4 swimmers in each age group category.
Swim Around Key West Relay
7:30am-8:15am on Smathers Beach (1000 Atlantic Blvd, Key West, FL
RACE BEGINS: 8:30AM SHARP.
After finishing, enjoy the sandy beach –newly renovated by Monroe County and relax until the Award Ceremony to begin at 5:00 pm .
The Florida Keys Community College Swim Around Key West is a 12.5 mile journey around the pristine island of Key West. The race will begin at Smathers Beach (1800 Atlantic Blvd. Key West) and head towards the southernmost point to the Key West Harbor. The FKCC Swim Around Key West will continue through the harbor and exit under Fleming Key Bridge, through the City of Key West mooring field around Sigsbee, and swim to Cow Key Bridge. Past Cow Key Bridge they will make their way around towards the Airport, to Smathers Beach finish line. The FKCC Swim Around Key West is swum in two different oceans: The gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean. You can see lots of aquatic life and maybe a mermaid or two. This is a warm water swim with temperatures from 78 degrees to 84 degrees. All safety crew boats will be flying Pirate Flags and Lifeguards are positioned throughout the course. You can compete in either a solo category or team categories of 2 people up to 6 person relays. Every swimmer/team must have their own escort craft in the form of kayaks or motor boats.
- Meet Information for Key West ABC Invitational Sunday 7/1/18
- 12.5 mile Swim Around Key West Info
- Open Water Swim Info (800 m, mile, 2 mile)
- 24 North Hotel Information Sheet