2018 Central Zone Championship
2018 Central Zone Championships Meet
Age Groups: 10 & un, 11-12, 13-14
To qualify: USA Swimming's AAA (Zone) time for individual events from either 50-mtr or 25-yd since 8/1/2017. Relays will be configured for A and B based on times from all entries received.
All-Star Teams: Ohio
Location: SPIRE Institute, Geneva, Ohio
Deadline to Enter Online: Monday July 23, 2018 (midnight)
do I Enter? Ohio
is required to submit the entries as a single team. Athletes
cannot enter this meet through their clubs. To enter, return
to the main page of this website and register for the zone team
(registration button). Follow the prompts to register your
athlete for the team. Once the Ohio Zone Coordinator confirms
your online account (this may take a couple hours), you will
receive an email confirming you are registered for the team.
Once you receive the confirmation email, return to this meet event
page and click the "ATTEND/DECLINE" button to enter this meet and
select your events. Declare your commitment before selecting
your events. If you enter Zones prior to the Ohio Junior
Olympics held July 20-23 and wish to add or change events,
simply return to this page to make your updates. We will add
the times from the JO meet on Sunday night.
**Once your events have been approved and the meet entry file is generated, your credit card on file will be charged on-demand. MAKE SURE THE CREDIT CARD ON FILE IN YOUR ACCOUNT IS ACTIVE AND WORKING.
What is the cost?
- $___ per Individual Events (Ohio pays for all relays)
- $___ Swimmer Team Fee: 4 custom Ohio team shirts, 1 Ohio All Star cap, swimmer meet surcharge, and coach fee
- $___ Wednesday Ohio Team Dinner per ticket (Travel Team Swimmers do not pay)
- $___ Ohio Travel Fee: only pay this if your swimmer is traveling on the team bus departing Tuesday and returning Monday; you must sign up for the Travel Team on travel event page before the deadline
Separate from above is any equipment
you order directly from Swimville. This year's equipment
package contains 1 required item, the popular Speedo
backpack. All other equipment items through Swimville (suits,
attire, etc.) are "a la cart" and optional.
DEADLINE: Monday July 23rd at 5PM.
Need help? Contact the Ohio Zone Team Coordinator, Brent Peaden at email@example.com
Pool Schedule in Geneva, Ohio
- Wed Aug
- ___, meet outside of the Natatorium near the Ohio "Buckeye" bus for equipment handout
- ___, team picture in RED shirt
- ___, team practice
- ___, Ohio Team Dinner (doors open 6 PM food served 6:30 PM, presentation 7 PM) -- wear RED shirt
- Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun Aug
2nd-5th: Pool competition.
- Prelims (TBA warmups)/Finals (TBA warmups) for 11-12s and 13-14s with the top 16 (2 heats) swimmers returning for finals
- Timed Finals for 10 & unders in the afternoon each day (TBA warmups)
- No 10 & Under events contested on Sunday
- Mon Aug
- Travel Team and Staff return to dropoff locations (see itinerary for detailed times)
for 10 and under events may be split
Note: Start times for the 10 & under sessions will be posted on the CZ website by 6:00 p.m. Tuesday before the meet and at the venue; 10 & unders only compete on Thu, Fri, and Sat
Photographer: TBA provided by the host
Complete Results Reports
- Scroll to bottom of this page for all post meet reports
- How do I register for Zones? (PDF) - EZ 1-pager insructions, read this first!
- Online Entry Instructions (PDF) - step-by-step instructions to enter the meet!
- Qualifying for this National meet - National AAA in either SCY or LCM
- Ohio Team Itinerary - day by day schedule for Team Ohio
- Swimville USA Equipment Order Form (PDF for calling in your order or while at JOs)
- Swimville Online Registration (order your package online)
- Sign Out Form (PDF) - Travel Team Only
- Official Meet Packet from the host (PDF) - view Order Of Events here
Team Ohio Entry Reports and Relay Lineups
- Scroll to the bottom of this page after deadlines have passed
- Central Zone Website - Ohio is in this one, the United States is divided into four Zones
- Official Meet Homepage - the host organization for this meet
- 2012 "Call me Baby" video made by Ohio swimmers in Columbus, Indiana
- 2013 Harlem Shake on YouTube by all Teams during Thursday's team practice
- 2014 Ohio Zone Team - thanks to swimmer Stephanie Schoenlein
- 2015 YouTube Slideshow from Team Ohio
- 2016 Ohio Zone Team Video
- 2017 Ohio Zone Team Video
- Mon July 23, 2018
(midnight): Deadline to enter the meet, select your events, sign up for travel team (optional), order dinner tickets for the awesome banquet Wednesday night
(5 pm deadline): order optional equipment from Swimville. If ordering the package, the only required item is a team backpack, and then special pricing on a la cart items and tech suits (all swimmers recieve their cap and 4 shirts from Ohio Swimming). Note: Swimville will be at JOs in Oxford on July 19-22).
- Mon July 30, 2018
Accounts will be charged for any remaining event fees (dinner, team photo and and Travel Team fees that were applied to your account. Ohio Swimming will pay for all relays. Your equipment package is optional and handled directly through Swimville USA.
Brent Peaden firstname.lastname@example.org