Dennis Rodney Middle School Madness
WHO: All 11-14 year olds
WHERE: 10 Huckleberry Hill Road, Brookfield, CT 06804
Friday - 3:45pm
Sat/Sun Prelims - 6:45am
Sat/Sun Finals - 4:15pm
Entry Fees: $9.00/event Sat/Sun; $10.00/event Fri
Scoring: This meet will be scored to 12th place
Awards: Ribbons will be awarded to the top 12 finishers for each 11-12 and 13-14 event. Individual awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place at finals following each event. Event winners for the 11-12 and 13-14 age group events will receive a T-shirt (a swimmer that wins multiple events will only receive one t-shirt). Team trophies will also be presented at the end of the meet.
PRELIM-FINALS FORMAT ON SAT/SUN: The top 12 swimmers in each event during the morning preliminaries will come back to compete in the Finals session later that evening. Please be aware that it is CDOG Team Policy that any swimmer that qualifies for Finals is expected to compete in Finals. If you will not be able to attend the finals session you need to communicate with Coach Dan before committing to attend that session.
- Team suit and cap. Should wear come dressed in CDOG apparel and should layer their clothes. At an outdoor meet it can often start of cool in the morning and get very warm later in the day.
- This meet is outdoors. We will have sun shelters but swimmers should be prepared with sunscreen.
- Swimmers in the 400 on Friday night need to provide their own timers. For all other sessions check in with Rebecca Lanier for timing assignments.
- The weather forecast is very questionable for Saturday/Sunday.
Here is the latest from the Meet Director:
- Weather report as of today is not looking good. They are predicting 80% chance rain and thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday. We will update as we get closer and cross our fingers for good weather.
- Check back on this event page for updates.
There’s swimming and there’s CDOG Swimming. Thank you for being part of the difference!