2018 Tidalwaves' Time Trials
The 2018 Tidalwaves' Time Trials (April 28, 2018) swim meet is just around the corner and we are asking that you login by the registration deadline of Wednesday, April 25, to:
1) Declare your swimmer(s) stroke choices if they will be attending. OR,
2) Declare your swimmer(s) will NOT be able to attend the meet. That is, will be DECLINING the meet.
The process is simple. Click the Edit Commitment button (above) on this page and once you have signed in, you will be brought to the "Athlete Sign Up" webpage that will display the names of your swimmers.
Here are the steps if your children ARE NOT GOING TO SWIM:
- Click on the Member Names [they default to Committed]. You will then go to the "Athlete Event Sign Up" page.
- Then click on the Declaration pull-down at the top of the page and select No Thank You.
- If No, just click on the [Save Changes] button to save the changes
- If you have more than one child, repeat the same task as listed above as needed.
Here are the steps if your children ARE GOING TO SWIM (Remember, we assume they are unless we are told otherwise):
- Click on the Member Name for each of your swimmers independently. You will be taken to the "Athlete Event Sign Up" page.
- At the top of the "Athlete Event Sign Up page," you will see your child is Declared as 'YES' attending.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim.
- You will also see your child's best times inserted into the Entry Time field and highlighted in yellow. If your child has not yet swum an Event for time, the Entry time field will display "NT". This stands for "No Time".
- Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events your child would like to swim. For time trials, swimmers can swim up to 5 events (as long as the coaches believe they are swimming them legally.) For dual meets a swimmer can swim a maximum of 3 individual events and 2 relays.
- Once you have finished, click on the "Save Changes" Button in the lower right
- Repeat the process for additional swimmers.
- You will notice that Coach Approval column will indicate Pending after you submit.
- Please feel free to leave notes for Coach
Marie if you have specific arrival or departure times you want her
to be aware of, or if your child has a request you want to pass on
(the notes field is right under the declaration drop down at the
top of the page). However, please recognize
that we don't have the ability to respond to these messages other
than to change stroke choices accordingly.
Coach Marie will review your declarations and APPROVE or REJECT your requests based on if she believes your child is swimming the stroke consistently legal (this is standard throughout the league). Also standard throughout the league is that the majority of NEW 8 & Unders will swim only Freestyle and Backstroke until well into the season. Once the final meet entries are submitted for meet seeding you will be able to review by signing in and reviewing your children's events. Heat Sheets and Meet Reports are generally available Thursday night before the swim meet.
April 25th, if you have not logged in and specifically DECLINED the
meet, Coach Marie and Linda Frender or myself will assume that your
children are swimming and that
you would like Coach Marie to choose their events for
them. Once the meet is seeded (on Wednesday) it is very
to make changes, so we ask that you get used to logging your meet DECLINES and
STROKE CHOICES by the registration deadline. This in
turn benefits all the swimmers (AND THE TEAM) by allowing us to run
a very efficient swim meet.
This is when the real fun begins!