AUGUSTANA SPRING SPLASH - Sioux Falls, SD
Sioux Falls Meet Trip –
We have a roster of 45 swimmers on our bus next week for the Sioux Falls meet! We hope everyone is excited to swim fast and have some fun with your friends. In preparation for the trip, we’d like to highlight a few important things to keep in mind:
- Our trip coaches are Amy, Michelle & Karl. Our parent chaperones are Kevin & Tammy Roach.
- Bus departs Bluewater at on Friday the 27th. Please make plans to arrive at Bluewater by so that we may take attendance, load up and be on our way ON TIME.
- All swimmers should bring a BAG LUNCH for the bus trip to Sioux Falls. Our first team meal with be at approximately prior to warm-ups. In addition, be sure to bring a full water bottle for the trip!
- Your $250 trip cost includes pre-meet and post-meet meal, Saturday breakfast/lunch/dinner & breakfast/lunch.
- We’ve planned a group excursion for Saturday afternoon. We’ll be headed to the Sioux Falls Zoo for a few hours between lunch and dinner so pack your walking shoes! The Booster Club will cover the cost of this activity!
- The Midco pool does not allow outside food and beverages on deck. While this is an odd rule, we need to respect it and to follow it. Snacks will be available for purchase at the meet and swimmers are free to do so. Please bring your own spending money to purchase these concessions. However, be SURE to bring your water bottles and to stay hydrated throughout the trip. Please refer to the meet timeline for help in estimating your food intake during the meet sessions.
- Please download (attached), read and sign the attached Code of Conduct form for the trip. All participants are required to sign this form and turn it in prior to departure. Please remember that we represent Riptide when we make these trips. It’s important for us to be on our best behavior and to show respect at all times for the bus, the driver, the coaches and chaperones, one another, the hotel, the Midco pool and its employees, etc.
- Please download (attached) and sign the parent consent/medical waiver form. Please sign this form as well and turn it in prior to departure.
- The bus will return to Bluewater on Sunday the 29th at approximately We’ll ask the swimmers to text their parents when the bus is approximately an hour out of arrival so that you’ll have a more precise arrival time. Parents, please be on time to pick up your swimmer.
- The room assignments for the trip will be announced early next week.
- Swimmers are encouraged to bring any additional snacks they’d like to have for the bus ride and in their rooms.
- Be certain to carefully pack for the meet. Suit, goggles, towel(s), parka, warm-ups, etc. Let’s try to avoid last minute panic situations with forgotten items.
- 963052_Augustana Spring Splash - April27292018 (1).pdf