2018 WEST Dive Into Summer LC Swim Meet
- SCST will be early for Warm Ups.
- SCST will sit as a Team, STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!
- SCST will have a Team Cheer at EVERY Session!
- SCST swimmers will not breath their first stroke Off ALL Starts and Turns!
- SCST will have less than 3% of our swims disqualified (DQ). At the Spring Pentathlon SCST had 5% of our swims disqualified.
- SCST will have 60% improved times. At the Spring Pentathlon SCST had 49% improved swims.
- SCST will take pride in being a part of SCST and clean up their Team area after each session!
- SCST will have a Team appearance, SATURDAY Swimmers wear your ORANGE SC T-Shirt, SUNDAY Swimmers wear your BLUE SC T-Shirt.
ALL AGE GROUP Performance Swimmers will be entered in the Afternoon Sessions II and IV
LOCATION: University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) / 839 West Roosevelt Road / Chicago, Illinois 60608-1516
FACILITY: Eight (8) lane, 50-meter competition pool with starting blocks at the deep end. The start end of the pool is 12’ (going up to 16’ 0”) deep and the turn end of the pool is 3’6” deep. Lanes are separated by 6” Wave Eater Advantage anti-wave, non-turbulent lane lines. Touch pads and an electronic timing system will be used at both the shallow and deep ends of the pool. Each lane will also have a push button back-up system and a third back-up of at least two (2) timers using electronic watches. The touchpads will be Colorado Aquagrips non-slip. The timing system is a Daktronics OmniSport® 2000 with an eight (8) lane electronic readout scoreboard.
Seating is available for 1,200
spectators. Secure parking is available in the lot across from the
pool (North of Roosevelt Road). Please use the Morgan Street
entrance to the lot. On-street parking is discouraged. UIC Parking
Facilities sets the price for parking in the lot.
The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2.C.
The following schedule applies to both Saturday and Sunday:
Morning Sessions I and III: 10 & Under, 11-12
- Warm-Ups Start 8:00 AM
- Positive Check-In Closes 8:20 AM
- Warm-Ups End 8:50 AM
- Session Starts 9:00 AM
Afternoon Sessions II and IV: Open (including 13-14)
- Warm-Ups Start Not Before 1:00 PM
- Positive Check-In Closes 1:20 PM
- Warm-Ups End 1:50 PM
- Session Starts Not Before 2:00 PM
The first event for the afternoon sessions will start ONE hour after the completion of the preceding session, but not before the scheduled start time.
LIMITATIONS: Deck entries will not be allowed. Swimmers
are limited to three (3) individual events and one (1) relay per
Relays may be limited or scratched to accommodate the four (4) hour timeline rule. WEST reserves the right to add additional heats to the meet if time permits.
- $5.00 per individual event entry
- $12.00 per relay entry
- $2.00 per swimmer ISI surcharge
- $10.00 per swimmer facility charge
POSITIVE CHECK-IN: All events will be Positive Check-In, timed finals. Each swimmer must check herself/himself in with the Clerk of Course at least 40 minutes prior to the start of each session for the events they will be swimming. Any swimmer who does not check-in with the Clerk of Course, prior to the deadline for Positive Check-In, will be scratched from all events that day. Swimmers missing the deadline for Positive Check-In, will only be placed in an event if and wherever any openings may occur, regardless of their original seed time. All swimmers are expected to report for their events on time. The meet will NOT stop to allow a swimmer time to get to their event if not present.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS: All awards will be based on timed final results. Awards will be given for 1st through 8th place for all 10 & Under and 11-12 individual events. No awards will be given to Open swimmers.
SPECTATORS: Swimmers and parents are only allowed in the pool area and the adjacent lobby. Anyone entering other areas of the building is subject to be ejected from the meet.
INFORMATION: The WEST Swim Club requires that all guest
teams follow the rules and code of conduct of UIC with respect to
property, conduct, and safety. Any unacceptable conduct may result
in ejection from the meet with no refund for admission or entry
Only swimmers, meet officials, USA Swimming member coaches, and timers will be allowed on deck. All teams are expected to provide a monitor(s) to supervise their swimmers in the team area.
Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
- WEST Dive into Summer LC Swim Meet
- WEST Dive into Summer Psych Sheet ver2 (5/17/2018)
- WEST Dive into Summer Session Report ver2 (05/17/2018)