2018 CA Schools Out Summer Celebration Long Course Meet
Location: Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center at the University of South Carolina
1400 Wheat Street, Columbia, SC, 29201.
CIC: Courtney Martz 912-996-6631
Commit Deadline for swimmers: May 8
Commit Deadline for coaches: May 12
CTM sending in: May 14
Meet Eligibility: All Swimmers
Entry limit: Each swimmer may swim a maximum of two (2) individual events on Friday, four (4) individual events on Saturday and four (4) individual events on Sunday, including time trials.
- $20 facility fee per swimmer
- $2 SCLCS Travel Fund/Program Fee per swimmer
- $2 SCLCS Sports Development Fee per swimmer
- $4.00 per individual event
- $8 deck entry
- $8 per time trial
- Coaches Travel Fee: $30 per swimmer ($60 max per family)
- Deck: $5.00
Meet Format: Meet management reserves the right to adjust the number of heats, lanes, and warm-up times based on the number of entries. Events may be combined by gender and age group as needed. Meet management reserves the right to move age groups to different sessions based on the timeline and number of entries. Meet management reserves the right to make any necessary changes during the meet to provide the best competition environment for the athletes.
- All events will be contested as Timed Finals.
- All events 400 meters and longer will be positive check-in and deck-seeded.
- The 9-12 400 Free, 13 & Over 400 Free and 800 Free will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
- The 11-12 400 IM, 13 & Over 400 IM will be swum fastest three heats of girls, fastest three heats of boys then fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
Time of Meet: Meet management reserves the right to adjust warm-up and meet start times based upon the number of entries and timeline of the meet. Teams will be notified of any changes in timeline via email.
Session Warm-Ups Start of Competition
Friday evening 5:00 pm 6:00 pm Saturday morning 7:30 am 8:30 am
Saturday afternoon TBD TBD
Sunday morning 7:30 am 8:30 am
Sunday afternoon TBD TBD
ENTRY TO THE CAROLINA NATATORIUM: Building entry for everyone is on the east side of the building adjacent to the parking lot. Only those possessing USC identification or needing ADA accessibility will be allowed entry through the front doors. Swimmers will be allowed on the pool deck no sooner than 15 minutes before their session warm-up.
Parking: Parking is available at Bates House Dormitory, located on Whaley Street, a short walk over the skywalk to the Blatt Center. Parking garages and meter parking also are available. Any parking space marked “reserved” is subject to towing. A map is available on the Carolina Aquatics website under the May Breakout event information
SC Swim Club- CA Meet
Start date: 6/1/18
End date: 6/3/18
Last day to book: May 7
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
· SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista for 139.00 USD per night
- CA 2018-05-25 - Psych Sheet.pdf
- CA Schools Out Meet Promo.pdf
- CA+Session Report+SOSC.pdf