Ultra Swim in Charlotte
Location: MECKLENBURG COUNTY AQUATIC CENTER “MCAC"
800 E M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28202
CIC: Avery Adams
Swimmer Commit Date: April 14 by 8:00AM
Coach Commit Date: June 15 evening
Sending into OME: April 16 @12:00pm
Last day to enter: June 4
ELIGIBILITY All swimmers must be currently registered members of USA Swimming (or other FINA membership) and have at least one Futures cut to be eligible for the meet. Swimmers may only swim individual events for which they have a Futures cut, plus two bonus individual events. Swimmers must be registered prior to entry deadline. Entries listed as “Registration Applied For” will not be accepted. There will be no on deck registration available at this meet. The qualifying period is June 4, 2016 through June 4, 2018.
ENTRIES: The OME system will be used for on-time entries, including relays. OME will open on Monday, April 16th at 12:00 PM Eastern. OME will close on Monday, June 4th at 12:00 PM eastern. Coaches shall confirm OME entries are correct and complete prior to checking out. Coaches shall enter a swimmer’s fastest provable times. Only printed copies of original OME entries and rosters will be accepted as proof of administrative or system errors. All changes or entry corrections made after OME closes may be subject to double entry fees and a $100 per team fine. No late entries or changes will be accepted after Monday, June 4th at 12:00 PM eastern after which time a psych sheet may be published. If a time override is used to enter an individual event in OME, proof of time must be submitted to the Administrative Referee for that event for the swimmer to be seeded into the event prior to the time that event closes or the swimmer will not be seeded into the event in question. Proof of time consists of a SWIMS entry or copy of link to the final meet results from a USAS sanctioned, approved, or observed meet. Sanction number, date and location must be provided.
BONUS ENTRIES Swimmers qualifying in any individual event by having a Futures cut in that event are also eligible to enter up to two bonus events subject to both daily and meet limits. Shootout Events do not count as bonus events for a swimmer, but daily and meet entry limitation apply to Bonus and Shootout events. Coaches shall enter a swimmer’s fastest provable time. There are no qualifying standards for the bonus events. Swimmers should enter times for bonus events with the fastest provable LCM or SCY time.
- Individual Event $5.00 per event
- NCS Travel Fund $3.00 perswimmer
- Facility Surcharge $17.00 perswimmer
- Late Entry Fee $8.00 per event
- Coaches Travel Fee: $30 per swimmer ($60 max per family)
- Deck: $5.00
MEET FORMAT This meet is an open meet for swimmers who have at least one Futures cut. This meet will be capped at 600 swimmers. The cap may be exceeded only at the discretion of the Meet Referee. The 1500 freestyle, the 800 freestyle and the 400 IM will be conducted as timed final events. All other events (except the 50’s of each stroke) will be conducted on a preliminary and final basis with Bonus (C), Consolation (B), and Final (A) heats in that order. The 50’s of each stroke will be swum in a shoot-out style with a preliminaries event, a top 16 round, a top 8 round, and a top 4 final.
- Format: The 50m distance of each respective stroke will be offered in a “Shootout” format. The preliminaries will swim Thursday evening, followed by the Semi’s (the round of 16) at the end of that session. The Super-Semi’s (the round of 8) will be swum throughout the session on Friday evening finals, and the Finals (the round of 4 qualifiers) will be swum at the end of Saturday night’s finals session.
- Entries: Entries shall be completed using the OME system. Coaches shall enter a swimmer’s fastest provable 100 meter long-course times for the related stroke. If a meters time is not available, coaches should enter the fastest provable 100 yard short-course time. Shootout Events do not count as bonus events for a swimmer, but daily and meet entry limitation apply. See ENTRIES section above for further details regarding entries.
- Seeding: The conforming time standard for the Shootout Events is 100 LongCourse Meters. Short-course yard times will be accepted but will be seeded last in rank order with all non-conforming times. The top 3 heats in preliminaries will be circle seeded and Lanes 3, 4, 5, and 6 will be used for the round of 4.
- Swim-Off: In the event of a tie, a swim-off must be conducted prior to the next round of 50s being started.
- Scratches: Swimmers qualifying for each round based upon the results must notify the Administrative Referee within thirty (30) minutes after announcement of the qualifiers of that round’s race that he or she does not intendto compete. If a swimmer qualifies for the next round and does not scratch, that swimmer will be seeded in the succeeding round. Penalty: If a swimmer is seeded in a round and fails to compete in that round, that swimmer shall be barred from their next Shootout event. If the swimmer fails to swim in the round of 4, that swimmer shall be barred from the remainder of the meet, unless excused by the Meet Referee.
ENTRY LIMITATIONS Swimmers are limited to eight (8) individual events for the meet and no more than three (3) individual events per day. Each club may enter up to three relay teams per relay event. Please remember that only 1 relay team per team will be seeded in the top 8 heat swum with finals. Only the top 2 relays per team will score points. Swimmers are allowed to enter as many events as they want in OME, but they must scratch down to comply with the daily and meet entry limitations described above.
CHECK-IN Positive check-in is required for the800 freestyle and 1500 freestyle events. Swimmers who fail to check in for deck seeded events will be scratched from that event. Coaches will be notified upon arrival of the location of the Check- in. SCRATCHES Scratches and positive check-in for day 1 events are due to the Administrative Referee 15 minutes after the conclusion of the general meeting. All subsequent day’s events scratches and positive check-ins are due 30 minutes after the start of finals on the previous night. There is no penalty for failing to compete in a preliminary or timed final event, except that any event in which a swimmer has not scratched prior to the appropriate deadline will be counted toward that swimmer’s eightevent limit. A swimmer qualifying for an A, B, or C Final who fails to compete shall be barred from the remainder of the meet, unless excused by the Meet Referee.
Charlotte Ultra SwimHotel:
Start date: 6/13/18
End date: 6/17/18
Last day to book: 5/14/18
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
- Courtyard Charlotte City Center for 129.00 USD per night