SCS LC Championship Meet
Event: 2018 SC LSC Long Course State Championships
Locaton: Columbia, SC
Dates: July 19-22, 2018
Facility: The Carolina Natatorium (located inside the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center)
University of South Carolina 1400 Wheat Street Columbia, SC, 29201
CIC: Rhett Wisener 317-296-0588
Committ Deadline for swimmers: June 27
Committ Deadline for coaches: June 30
CTM sending in: July 5
This meet is open to all swimmers currently registered with USA Swimming and SC Swimming only. Age is to be determined on the first day of the meet. All USA Swimming registration numbers will be verified with the SC LSC registration database.
Any swimmer entered in the meet, must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in -performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. When unaccompanied by a USA member coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
All swimmers entered must meet or exceed the SC State Meet Qualifying Standards in EACH event entered. All swimmers shall have met the state meet individual event qualifying time standard in the age group of the relay event in which they swim. If swimmers participate in a relay and fail to meet the qualifying standard, then their team must demonstrate that the aggregate of the times of the four competing swimmers meets the relay qualifying standard. Any club which does not have four swimmers qualified for the meet in individual events may swim a relay if they can meet the qualifying time for that relay using aggregate times.
Proof of Time: A fine of $100.00 will be levied against the club (or if unattached, against the swimmer) when a swimmer fails to swim a time equal to or faster than the qualifying standard for each event at the long-course or short-course State Championships and the club (or the swimmer if unattached) is unable to prove, using officials results, that he or she has met the qualifying standard in that event in a meet held since the last like-course State Championship. This fine must be paid (or the time must be proved) within 45 days from the date of notification. If the fine is not paid within the 45 days, it will be doubled. This notification will be made through an exception report that will be generated by the host club and sent with the meet results. The Administrative Vice-Chair will enforce the fines. If swimmers participate in a relay, and fail to meet the qualifying standard, their team must demonstrate that the aggregate of the times of the four competing swimmers meets the relay qualifying standard. Otherwise, aforementioned fines will be issued.
- $20.00 facility fee per swimmer
- $2.00 SCLCS Travel Fund/Program Fee per swimmer
- $2.00 SCLCS Sports Development Fee per swimmer
- $1.00 Jennifer Smith Scholarship Fund
- $4.00 per individual event
- Coaches Travel Fee; $30 per swimmer ( $60 max per family)
- $5.00 Deck Fee
ENTRY FEES FOR EVENTS NOT SWUM WILL NOT BE REFUNDED NOR WILL A CREDIT BE GIVEN.
The Meet Management Committee reserves the right to adjust the warm-up times based on the number of entries. The Meet Management Committee reserves the right to insert breaks in the meet where necessary to allow athletes proper rest. The Meet Management Committee reserves the right to make any changes during the meet to provide the best competition environment for the athletes.
- Deck entries will not be permitted.
- All starts will begin at the scoreboard end of the pool except 50 meter swims, which will start at the opposite end. All relays will begin at the scoreboard end.
- Meet management reserves the right to utilize “chase starts.” If chase starts are used, the odd numbered heats will begin at the scoreboard end, and the even numbered heats will begin at the opposite end.
- All 10& Under events will be conducted as Timed Finals. Breaks will be added in the 10&Under session as necessary to provide adequate rest between events and to present awards. These will be determined after entries have been received.
- All 11-12, 13-14, and Senior events, except those noted below, will be conducted as Prelim/Final events with the top heat returning for 11-12 and 13-14 in finals. The Senior swimmers will have the Top 2 heats returning for finals.
a. The 11-12 events will be contested as Prelim/Final events with the following exceptions: 400 Free, 400 IM, 800 Free, 1500 Free.
b. The 11-12 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 200 Fly will be positive check-in, deck seeded. The Top Heat will proceed to Finals with all other swimmers competing in Timed Finals at Prelims.
- There will be a Championship Final heat (Top 10) for 11-12 and 13-14 events
- There will be a Championship Final heat (Top 10) for 11-12 and 13-14 events.
- For Senior events there will be a Consolation Final heat followed by a Championship Final heat. The names of swimmers in the Consolation heats will be announced once they are in the water. The names of swimmers in each Championship heat will be announced prior to the start of the event.
- All events 400 meters and longer will be positive check-in and deck-seeded. Positive check-in will close thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of the session
a. The 10&Under 400 Free will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
b. The 11-12 400 IM will be a Timed Final on Thursday evening swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
c. The 11-12 400 Free will be a Timed Final during the Prelim session with the Top heat of positively checked-in swimmers competing in Finals. The Timed Final will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
d. The 13-14 and Senior 400 Free and 400 IM will swim the Top 4 women heats (slow to fast, circle-seeded), the Top 4 men heats (slow to fast, circle-seeded), and then the remaining heats fastest to slowest, alternating women and men.
- The fastest heat in the 800 Free and 1500 Free will proceed to Finals on Sunday evening. The Thursday evening and Sunday morning Prelim heats will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating women and men. The 11& Over will be seeded together, but scored separately by designated age groups (11-12, 13-14, and Senior).
- All relays are positive check-in, deck seeded on the day of the relay with the Top heat of positively checked-in relays competing in Finals. All other relays will compete in the preliminary session. Positive check-in for relays will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.
a. Relay teams consisting of swimmers not in individual events must meet the relay standard with aggregate times.
b. Meet management reserves the right to move the 11-12, 13-14, and Senior relays to Finals to improve the timeline.
Time of Meet: Meet management reserves the right to adjust warm-up and meet start times based upon the number of entries and timeline of the meet.
Session Warm-Ups Start of Competition
Thursday Timed Finals* 3:30 pm 5:00 pm
Friday Prelims 7:00 am 8:30 am
Friday 10&Under Immediately after prelims 1 hour after warm-ups begin
Friday Finals 5:00 pm 6:00 pm
Saturday Prelims 7:00 am 8:30 am
Saturday 10&Under Immediately after prelims 1 hour after warm-ups begins
Saturday Finals 5:00 pm 6:00 pm
Sunday Prelims 7:00 am 8:30 am
Sunday 10&Under Immediately after prelims 1 hour after warm-ups begin
Sunday Finals 5:00 pm 6:00 pm
- A swimmer may swim a maximum of eight (8) individual events, including time trials, for the entire meet. There are no limits on relays per team, but only one relay per team may place and score.
- All times must be listed to the 1/100th of a second. Entries must be submitted using a South Carolina State Meet Qualifying Short Course Yard or Long Course Meters time. Times entered must be actual (not converted) times. Times must have been achieved on or after July 20, 2017, and prior to the entry deadline.
- For all individual events, proof of time is necessary. Entry times will be checked against the SWIMS database. A psych sheet will be sent to all teams and posted at www.sportstiming.com by noon on Wednesday, July 11, 2018. Per SC P&P, any corrections must be submitted within 72 hours and must include proof of time. Any times that need to be proven based on SWIMS comparison will need to be proven within 72 hours of receipt of notification or by noon on Sunday, July 15, 2018, whichever is earlier. Entries without proven times will be removed from the meet
Banner and rotating trophies: First place team overall, men, and women
Plaques: Second - Third Place team overall
High Point: Plaques: Highest scoring male and highest scoring female in each age group
Individual Event Medals: First – Tenth Place
Relays: Medals: First – Third, Ribbons: Fourth –Tenth
PARKING: Parking for all meet participants (including coaches and S&T Officials) is available at Bates House Dormitory, located on Whaley Street, a short walk over the skywalk to the Blatt Center. Meter parking also is available. Any parking space marked “reserved” is subject to towing. A is available on the Carolina Aquatics website under the LC State Champs event information
ENTRY TO THE CAROLINA NATATORIUM: Only those possessing USC identification or needing ADA accessibility will be allowed entry through the front doors. Swimmers and spectators enter on the east side of the building through the Gamecock awning doors adjacent to the parking lot. Swimmers will be allowed on the pool deck no sooner than 15 minutes before their session warmup.
- Facility Rules: Spectators will be limited to bleacher seating in the spectator seating /viewing area.
- Only swimmers, meet officials, coaches, and meet personnel with proper credentials will be allowed on the pool deck. Swimmers will be limited to designated areas on deck.
- Safety marshals will be assigned to supervise all sessions of the meet and will have the authority to remove any swimmer, coach, parent, or club from the pool and facility, if necessary, for not following the facility and meet safety rules
- Any swimmer found to be abusing any area of the facility will be barred from further competition and will also be barred from the facility. The team of any swimmer found to be abusing any area of the facility will be held responsible for any and all repairs resulting from the abuse.
- No glass containers inside the pool area.
- Hallways and stairwells must remain clear and easily accessible.
- No flash photography.
SC swim Club- LC State Meet
Start date: 7/19/18
End date: 7/23/18
Last day to book: 6/19/18
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
· SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista for 139.00 USD per night