Sizzlin Summer Invite, Atlanta GA
Atlanta's Sizzlin Summer Invite!
GCY Summer Travel Trip - 11&Up only
Georgia Tech Aquatic Center (host of 1996 Summer Olympics)
Cost $350 per swimmer (normal meet fees apply, to be billed separately, business as usual, included already for national teams only).
Here's what's included in your fee this year:
- Hotel room with a goal of 3 per room, includes breakfast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Lunch from Jimmy John's or similar Friday, Saturday, and Sunday delivered on pool deck
- Dinner catered in hotel lobby on Friday Night and Saturday Night
- Tickets to Ga Aquarium
- Tickets to Ga Coke Museum
Here's what's NOT included:
- Thursday lunch and Thursday dinner
- Sunday dinner
- Miscellaneaous expenses during trip and bus ride
- Extra food through delivery order at hotel
- Anything not mentioned in items above
Thursday, June 14th:
- Depart from Bryan YMCA at 9:00am (bus available for loading at 8:30am)
- Quick Lunch along the way (1 hour max)
- Arrive at Dynamo
Swim Center for one hour practice/warm-up 3:00-4:00pm
- 3119 Shallowford Rd NE, Chamblee, GA 30341
- Atlanta, Ga/Hotel Check-in 4:30-5:30pm
- Commute to Aquarium, bus leaves at 5:30pm
- After 6pm to Georgia Aquarium 6-8pm (admission included in cost, light snacks/food available)
- Boston Market Dinner, then to hotel
- Lights Out 11pm at Hotel
Friday, June 15th - Sunday, June 17th
- Friday/Saturday we will follow meet schedule, team meals will be provided on deck during prelims, then at hotel at night. Smoothies are available at the pool for purchase if kids need anything additional, we suggest packing meet snacks!
- Sunday will be busy...we will check out BEFORE prelims, then essentially be walking rest of day to Coke Museum and then to Varsity afterwards.
- Sunday, June 17th - We will likely walk.
- Depart for Greensboro, NC at/before 6:00pm at latest from the Varsity, 61 North Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- FYI - There are no finals Sunday night, just prelims
- Arrive at Bryan YMCA 11:00pm'ish
Depart for Greensboro, NC and arrive by 11:00pm (Bryan YMCA)