World Record Attempt
Largest gathering of people wearing water wings simultaneously at a single venue
Groups Attending - Competitive NYAC Swimmers
Location - Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre (875 Morningside Ave. Toronto)
Deadline - first 350 swimmers (or 5 May whichever comes first)
Host - North York Aquatic Club
Signup - via the Event List - or direct link here
List of Events
- World Record Attempt
- Most swimmers using water wings (current record
250 - we hope for 350)
- Arrival - 6:00 am
- 6:15 am - On Deck picking up caps & water wings
- 6:30 am - briefing
- 7:00 am - start entering pool
- 7:10 am - start record attempt
- 7:20 am - start exiting pool
- If your swimmer wants to participate you will need to commit your swimmer to this event. Each swimmer in your family who wants to participate must be committed to this event.
- 350 pairs of water wings are available -- first 350 registered get water wings.
- World Record attempt is for most swimmers using water wings. Current record is 250, NYAC is aiming for 350. Duration must be over 6 minutes, supported by water wings, not touching supports (lane ropes, edges, or other swimmers.....)
- We must be very organized to accomplish this task -- swimmers on time, staying organized, listening to instructions, entering pool, self-supporting during timed record, exitingthe pool.