CT SWIMMING - OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIP
CT SWIMMING OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIP
Saturday June 30th, 2018
Lake Quassy Park 2132 Middlebury Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
Meet Type - OPEN WATER
Warm Up and Meet Start Time
Warm Up Times - Warm-up will be available on the portion of the race course closest to the finish area. 6:00am-7:20am
5K Championship (Eastern Zone Junior and National Selection Event)
Wave 1: 7:30am - Males 16 & Over
Wave 2: 7:35am - Females 16 & Over
Wave 3: 7:40am - Males 11 to 15
Wave 4: 7:45am - Females 11 to 15
Approximate times below we will start once the 5k is completed
Wave 1: 9:30am - Females 12 & Under
Wave 2: 9:35am - Males 12 & Under
2K EZ Championship and CT Championship
Approximate times below we will start one the Mini Mile is completed
Wave 1: 10:00am - Male Ages 15-29
Wave 2: 10:05am - Female Ages 15-29
Wave 3: 10:10am - Male Ages 11-14
Wave 4: 10:15 am - Female Ages 13-14
Wave 5: 10:20 am - Female Ages 11-12
Wave 6: 10:25 am- Male & Female Ages 30 +
Recommended entry standards:
- For 12 and under events, Minimum of BB time standard in the 500yd freestyle or the 400M freestyle or successfully completed a minimum of a 500M open water swim in a bay, river, lake or at a beach.
- For 13 - 14 and 15-18 events: Minimum of an A time standard in the 1000yd, 1650yd, 800M, or 1500M freestyle or successfully completed a minimum of a 1K open water in a bay, river, lake or at a beach.
- For Senior/Open Event: Minimum of a AA time standard in the 1000yd, 1650yd, 800M, or 1500M freestyle for 15-18 Age Group or successfully completed a minimum of a 1K open water in a bay, river, lake or at a beach.
- Athletes not completing the 5K within 1 hour and 30 minutes may be removed from the course at the direction of the meet management.
Updated Race Day Check IN Information
- Registration Check-In will open at 6:00am for 5K participants and close at 7:10 for 5K participants.
- Pre-Race Meeting will be for 5K participants ONLY. The meeting will happen at 7:00am on the beach near the starting area.
- 2K and Mini Mile REQUIRE REGISTRATION Check-In NO later then 8:45am
- Warm-up will be available on the portion of the race course closest to the finish area. Between 6:00am-7:20am ONLY.
Qualifying Groups - Age Group 2-3, Seniors (COACHES DECISION!!)
- 2018 Eastern Zone Open Water Championship Meet Announcement.pdf
- Open Water Championship Swimmer Events.pdf