2018 Alligator Aquatics' Splash-for-Cash Fundraiser
-- What is splash-for-cash? It is a USA Swimming Swim-a-Thon in which Alligator Aquatics participants have a maximum of two hours to swim as many laps as possible (up to 200). Participants get pledges/donations from businesses, family, neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. prior to (or right after) the day of the event. Parents will come and count your laps in your lane to keep track of the completed lengths. This year we will be hosting a pot luck picnic for swimmers and families, rain or shine!
-- Why do we do it? We will be using the money to pay for pool facility costs.
-- Where & when is the Swim-a-Thon taking place? At Prospect High School on Friday, June 29th from 4:00-8:00 pm – specific group times below:
- Green – 4:00 - 4:45pm
- Silver – 5:00 - 6:00pm
- Gold – 4:00 - 5:30pm
- Blue – 6:00-8:00pm
- Senior Team – 4:00 - 6:00pm
- X-treme – Thursday the 28th during practice
How does it work? Participants can solicit donation/pledges a couple ways.
- Ask in person – and keep track of what you collect using the donation tracker attached to the swim-a-thon event. Use the links below
- Send a personal letter – write to whoever you can think of that may want to support you and your team. They can either send you in the mail a donation or go to our website, alligatoraquatics.org to make a pledge or donation in your name.
Ideas for Donation Letters to Send
- Family (e.g., grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins)
- Neighbors that you know
- Co-workers or parents’ co-workers
- Family accountant/financial advisor
- Local businesses you visit frequently (e.g., coffee shops, dry cleaners, salons, restaurants)
- Baby sitters
Will there be prizes? YES! The top three fundraising athletes on the team will win awards! Check out the prizes in the PDF below called ‘2018 Alligator Aquatics Splash-for-Cash Awards”