Leinster Age Groups
Leinster Age Groug Meet for Swimmers aged 11-14 on Dec 31st this year:
Attached please find the details and the Hy-Tek file for the Leinster Age-Group Championship which will be held on Saturday June 2nd / Sunday June 3rd. As with the Youth-Senior gala, these gala arrangements have changed substantially since last year. Please carefully read the following, along with the gala documentation.
1. This gala is only for swimmers (registered with Leinster-region clubs) aged between 11 and 14yrs on Dec 31st next (that is, born between 2004 and 2007). Older swimmers (aged 15+) will compete in the Leinster Youth-Senior gala which will be held over the first weekend in May.
2. We are running the Age-Group Division One and the Division Two galas concurrently. Heats for swimmers in any particular discipline in Division One will be followed immediately by heats in the same discipline in Division Two. Event numbers 1 to 33 are Division One events. Event numbers 102 to 131 are Division Two events. So, for example, heats in Event 23 (Div One Girls 100m B/C) will be followed immediately by heats in Event 123 (Div Two Girls 100m B/C).
3. Depending on the numbers of entrants, heat numbers may have to be curtailed. If this is necessary, Division Two heats will be curtailed first, and some swimmers inside the Consideration Times (but outside the Qualifying Times) may be moved from Div One events to Div Two events to facilitate a smooth running of the gala within Swim Ireland guidelines.
4. Finals will only be held for Div One events. All Div Two events are HDW. Finals will be held at the end of each session, after a 15-min break. Thus the finals for events 2 to 6 and event 8 (scheduled for Saturday morning) will be held directly after the heats and before the lunch break on Saturday.
5. Swimmers must achieve the Qualifying Times in the heats to be allowed to progress through to the Finals.
6. There is one Hy-Tek file (as attached) to cover both these competitions. Swimmers with times faster than the Consideration Times should enter Div One events. Swimmers that have times slower than the CTs should enter Div Two events. It is permissable for a swimmer to mix events; i.e. to swim some events in Div One and some events in Div Two.
7. All swimmers, for both Div One and Div Two, must submit entry times that have been achieved in open competition since June 1st 2017. Meet Manager has been configured to automatically reject all NT entries.
Leinster Competitions Committee will be happy to clarify any points arising out of these new arrangements. In any matter of interpretation of these gala conditions, the decision of the Meet Director will be final.