Marinwood Waterdevils @ Novato Riptide
WELCOME MARINWOOD WATERDEVILS!
Riptide is excited to welcome the Waterdevils to our pool on June 9, 2018! It should be a fun day for the kids and the parents. Please read on for meet-day details.
- STARTING TIME
- 8:30 am: Introduction to the meet and singing of National Anthem
- 8:35 am: Meet Start
- There is ample parking at IVC. You MUST have a parking permit which can be purchased for $4 within the lot (parking violations run $45.00).
- POOL CONFIGURATION
- We will be running 8 Lanes for this meet.
- We do not use flyover starts.
- 8 & Unders: line up on, and dive off of, the side of pool without the blocks (except for the Individual Medley and Relays, which do use the block-side).
- Home team warms up at 7:30 am.
- Visiting team warms up at 8:00 am.
- TIMERS (12 needed each team per half)
- Please have the Waterdevils Head Timer check in with the Riptide Head Timer (Leslie) at 8:10 am at the Computer Desk.
- Each Head Timer is responsible for coordinating their team's volunteers.
- All Timers to be ready to time and be behind starting blocks at 8:25 am.
- Home Team will have 2 timers in lane 1, 3, 5, and 7 and a single timer in lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8.
- Visiting Team will have 2 timers in lanes 2, 4, 6, and 8 and a single timer in lanes 1, 3, 5, and 7.
- Some heats may be consolidated if necessary.
- 2nd half Timers will setup at the start of the break directly following backstroke.
- STROKE AND TURN JUDGES (two needed per half)
- Please have the Waterdevils Stroke and Turn judges check in with Coaches Desk.
- Please have the Waterdevils 2nd half Stroke and Turn judges check in with Coaches Desk during the short break after backstroke.
- Relay Judges (two needed per half)
- Please have the Waterdevils 1st half relay judges check in with Coaches Desk by 8:10.
- Please have the Waterdevils 2nd half relay judges check in with Coaches Desk during the short break after backstroke.
- REFEREE AND COACHES
- Meet Referee is Damian Wellesley-Winter.
- Our coaches are Craig Christiansen and Jean Haley and our specialty coach Denise McIntyre.
- TEAM SEATING AND TENT SET-UP
- We recommend setting up your tents and chairs in the grassy area behind the pool. Riptide will also set up here, but there is plenty of space!
- This grassy area is away from the pool. We do have loud speakers pointed out there, but swimmers and their families are encouraged to LISTEN CLOSELY for event numbers so they don't miss their races!
- Additionally, please remind your team (as we continue to remind ours) that parents and other spectators should not be behind the blocks.
- SNACK BAR (cash only)
- Riptides’ snack bar will be open from 8am thru the conclusion of the meet. We are known for our delicious Chinese Chicken Salad, but we also have baked russet potatoes, fresh burgers, hot dogs, and more! Please come and enjoy!
- Address: Indian Valley Campus COM Pool
- 1800 Ignacio Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
- Our pool is located on the Marin College Indian Valley Campus. Coming North on Hwy 101 take the Ignacio Blvd exit, head west on Ignacio Blvd., and go approximately three miles and you will enter Indian Valley College Campus. Drive to the back of the campus to park.
We look forward to a great meet.
Riptide Swim Team