4th of July Parade 2018
(this is a team hosted event)
Join the Gators as we bike and walk in Alameda's annual 4th of July Parade.
Meet up time: 9:30 am.
Meet up location: Lincoln Ave, between Oak and Walnut (on the Alameda Christian School side of street)
Pick up location after the parade: Parking lot at West Marine, on Buena Vista and Concordia.
Pick up time: We never know exactly. Best guess is 12:30-ish, but that is a guess. We strongly encourage parents of younger swimmers to walk/ride with us so that you will not need to worry about getting to the finish on time to meet them.
To sign up your swimmer: Click the "Edit Commitment" button, above
To volunteer as a chaperone: Click the "Job Signup" button, above. (Great exercise, and you'll earn volunteer hours!)
Other things to remember:
- Wear your favorite Gator gear or something else that's festive!
- The route is long (3.3 miles) so wear comfortable shoes and bring water/snacks, as needed.
- Don't forget your sunscreen!
- Anyone under 18 on a bike or scooter MUST wear a helmet in the parade. The police check this as we line up and they won't let you ride if you don't have your helmet with you. (State law)
- There will be a lot of waiting before we start moving. We are entry (TBD). Come prepared to "relax" for a quite while before we get going. :)
- If you plan to drop off your swimmer with us and have him/her exit the parade before the end of the route, PLEASE confirm these details with your swimmer's coach AND at least one parent chaperone when you drop them off. We have panic situations every year when we think that kids have disappeared, and we will really appreciate your assistance in making sure that we know when all of our kids are leaving us.