2018 COUNTRYSIDE YMCA DAVID A. HEWITT SUMMER POLAR BEAR INVITATIONAL
2018 COUNTRYSIDE YMCA DAVID A. HEWITT SUMMER POLAR BEAR INVITATIONAL
Date: June 22-24, 2018
Location: Countryside YMCA
- 1699 Deerfield Road Lebanon, Ohio 45036
- Emergency Phone Number: (513) 932-1424
- The Countryside YMCA Outdoor Pool is configured as a 7 lane, 50M course.
- Water depth at start is 5 feet and at turn end is 4 feet. Relay starts from the turn end will be in-water.
- Colorado electronic timing system will be used. The competition course has not been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C (4)
- Ample spectator seating around the pool deck and in covered pavilion. Spectators may bring folding chairs and canopies.
- Parking will be at the lot adjacent to the outdoor pool.
Countryside Y Summer Polar Bear Invitational Updates & Warm Ups
- 1699 Deerfield Road Lebanon, Ohio 45036
- Emergency Phone Number: (513) 932-1424
- Heat Sheets will be available online for
download and printing in pdf.
Friday Session Heat Sheet: https://www.teamunify.com/ohcts/UserFiles/File/friday%20pm(1).pdf
Saturday Session Heat Sheet: https://www.teamunify.com/ohcts/UserFiles/File/saturday%20am(1).pdf
Sunday Session Heat Sheet : https://www.teamunify.com/ohcts/UserFiles/File/sunday%20am(1).pdf
**IMPORTANT INFO - CY will not be selling heat sheets at the door. You will be able to dowload a copy of the heat sheet to your electronic device or print it from pdf . It will also be available on Meet Mobile. CY will have the heat sheet posted on their website before Thursday.
HEAT SHEET - AVAILABLE SOON. Coach Mickey will send out link for heat sheets as soon as possible
They will also be available on Meet Mobile. Limited copies may be available for additional cost at meet.
- The indoor facilities are off limit to meet participants. All swimmers and spectators are to use outdoor facility only.
- Tents are permitted to be set-up in the area around the pool but must be taken down each day. Our pool opens to members at 2:00 on Saturday and Sunday
- Pool Deck For meet participants will open ½ hour before warm-ups.
- There will be concessions available throughout the meet.
- Please park in the “Outdoor Pool Lot”. Overflow with be in the childcare lot and the closest lots to the outdoor pool. On Sunday we will have church starting at 9:00am. The Meet will be sharing the parking at this time. Those arriving late to the meet may have to walk a little. CY has a ton of parking here at the YMCA. With over 400 athletes participating it will fill up close to outdoor pool. Please make sure you know to pay attention to our parking lot attendants. They will guide people in the right direction. There is NO PARKING IN GRASS.
CY Meet will be offering time trials on Saturday after the meet. These time trials will run for approx. 30-45 minutes. If you have a swimmer that needs an additional swim they will be able to sign-up for time trials by 10am. CY will only accept entries 400 meters and below. Cost of time trials are $5.00
Polar Bear Competition Notes:
We will accept deck entries only in empty lanes. No new heats will be created.
SPY STRETCH 4:45pm
SPY Stretch 7:10am
Lane 5 w/ UCY, AMFY, DFY
Team Stretch 7:15am
7:25-7:50am lane 4
Lane Assignments for Warm-ups
All teams in 1st warm-up need to exit warm-ups at turn end of the pool.
All teams in 2nd warm-up need to enter pool at block end of the pool.(SPY Has Second Warm Up Sessions)
Open Lane Swims (Deck Entries) CY will
take open lane swims only for the meet. If an event has an open
lane, they can put swimmers in. No extra heats will be
created. See meet info for fees.
- We will use fly-over starts
- On Friday, All Swimmers will swim as seeded
- There will not be positive check-in for this meet
- CY Meet will have lane 8 as a warm-up/warm-down lane. The diving well and shallow end of the pool are closed.
- Deck changing is NOT permitted.
- All Parents and Swimmers will be able to download the heat sheet or use meet mobile to view it. We will have limited copies of the heat sheet available for those who want a copy. We will sell these for an additional $3.00. The goal is to go green on heat sheets.
Other important Information
- Coolers are permitted. No Alcohol permitted.
- Swimmers found misusing the locker rooms or other parts of the facility may be asked to leave the meet.
- The use of audio or visual recording devices, including cell phones, is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms.
- Officials that want to officiate need to contact Kevin Rice, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send him your sessions that you are able to work.
Preliminary psych sheet
- Posted on our event page – https://www.teamunify.com/ohcts/UserFiles/File/2018%20summer%20polar%20bear%20final%20psych%20sheet.pdf
ADJUSTMENTS TO THE MEET ANNOUCEMENTS: The Meet Committee reserves the right to make any adjustments to the provisions of the meet announcement deemed necessary to ensure the fair and efficient running of the meet or due to unforeseen issues of weather or facility problems. Changes will be communicated as far in advance as possible.
MEET TIMELINE: Warm-up and start times for all sessions are subject to change depending on the size of the meet.
Friday Evening: Warm-ups @ 4:30 p.m. Meet @ 5:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: Warm-ups @ 7:00 a.m. Meet @ 8:00 a.m.
*The meet will be limited to end by 2:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
INCLEMENT WEATHER/CANCELATION: This is an outdoor facility and Countryside YMCA has no control over the weather. If events or sessions are cancelled or shortened due to excessive heat, cold, thunder storms or other weather issues out of our control there will not be any entry refunds. The Countryside YMCA will have swimmer safety as its first concern and will make all decisions regarding the handling of any weather related issues. By entering the meet, swimmers, parents and coaches are agreeing to the above conditions.
ENTRY LIMITS: Swimmers may enter 6 events/day, including time trail events.
TIMES: Submit entry times in Meters to the 100 th of a second. NT and short course yards times are acceptable but will be seeded last (no conversion).
OVER-SUBSCRIPTION: Entries will be accepted first come first serve. If the meet is over-subscribed we will let the teams know immediately. Teams will not be divided.
- Individual events are $4.00 each
- relays are $16.00 each.
- *There will be a $2/per swimmer surcharge.
Heat Sheets will be provided in electronic format at no extra cost.
Deck entries will be accepted provided there is an open lane in the event, and deck entry fees have been paid (no new heats will be created). Deck entries are $5.00 per individual event and $20.00 per relay.
OTHER: The 400 Freestyle events may be limited to the 35 fastest Girls and 35 fastest Boys.
MEET FORMAT: The meet will be swum using a Timed Finals format. Swimmer’s age will be determined as of June 1, 2018.
EVENT SEEDING: Events will be seeded Slowest to Fastest, except for the following events: All 50M Events will be seeded fast to slow. The Meet Referee/Administrative Official reserves the right to combine heats.
NO SHOW: An athlete who is seeded in an event and fails to compete (i.e., a “no show”) will be allowed to swim in an open lane if one is available. No new heats will be created unless the fault of meet personnel.
- Girls-Boys Event
- 101-102 Senior 400 Free
- 103-104 8&Under 100 Free
- 105-106 9-10 200 IM
- 107-108 11-12 200 IM
- 109-110 13-14 200 IM
- 111-112 Senior 400 IM
Girls–Boys Age Group
- 201-202 13&Over 100 Free
- 203-204 8&Under 50 Breast
- 205-206 9–10 50 Breast
- 207-208 11-12 50 Breast
- 209-210 13&Over 100 Breast
- 211-212 Senior 200 Fly
- 213-214 8 & Under 50 Free
- 215-216 9–10 50 Free
- 217-218 11–12 50 Free
- 219-220 13&Over 50 Free
- 221-222 Senior 200 Back
- 223-224 8 & Under 200 Medley Relay
- 225-226 9–10 200 Medley Relay
- 227-228 11–12 200 Medley Relay
- 229-230 13&over 200 Medley Relay
- 302 13&Over Mixed 200 Medley Relay
- 303-304 8 & Under 50 Back
- 305-306 9–10 50 Back
- 307-308 11–12 50 Back
- 309-310 13&Over 100 Back
- 311-312 Senior 200 Breast
- 313-314 8 & Under 50 Fly
- 315-316 9–10 50 Fly
- 317-318 11–12 50 Fly
- 319-320 13&Over 100 Fly
- 321-322 Senior 200 Free
- 323-324 8 & Under 200 Free Relay
- 325-326 9–10 200 Free Relay
- 327-328 11–12 200 Free Relay
- 329-330 13&over 200 Free Relay
WARM-UP SAFETY PROCEDURES: Teams will be assigned lanes for warm-ups. No team has exclusive rights to any pool lanes during warm up period, during or before the start of the meet. Teams will need to share lane space and work cooperatively in reflection of the YMCA values and sportsmanship.
designated warm up sessions, athletes may only enter the
competition pools from the starting end. Athletes are expected to
use a three-point entry in which they sit on the side of the pool
then slide into the pool gently, with one hand on the wall. The
exception is during specific warm up periods when sprint lanes
are designated for practicing racing starts.
Coaches are responsible for the safety of their athletes and are expected to monitor them at all times during warm up sessions.
Once the competition begins, swimmers using the warm-up/warm-down lane must enter/exit from the turn end.
STARTS: 'Fly-over' starts may be used at this meet. All swimmers (except for Backstroke starts) should remain in the water at the completion of their race until the next heat has begun.
SWIMS (USA-S): This meet has been approved by USA Swimming. Therefore, all individual times will be automatically submitted for entry into SWIMS as long as USA-S ID numbers have been included with your entry.
RESULTS: Any results displayed on the scoreboard are unofficial until final results are published. Results will be posted in the entry hallway and on Meet Mobile. Final results will be sent to each team and posted on the League Website at: www.swyswim.org
CONDUCT AND RESTRICTIONS: The Meet Referee reserves the right to dismiss any swimmer, coach and/or spectator from the competition due to inappropriate conduct
- Except where the venue facilities require otherwise, changing, into or out of swimsuits other than in locker rooms or other designated areas is not appropriate and is prohibited. The USA Swimming Rulebook defines Deck Change as: Changing, in whole or in part, into or out of a swimsuit (excluding a drag suit) in an area other than a permanent or temporary locker room, bathroom, changing room or other space designated for changing purposes while at a practice, competition, or other pool-related activity.” This includes slipping off the top of a one-piece performance suit to place on an alternate bikini top immediately following a race.
· Glass is not permitted on deck.
· The use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms.
· Photographs are not allowed to be taken behind the block during competition.
· Individuals are responsible for the security of their personal belongings and are encouraged not to bring valuables to the meet venue and not to leave items unattended.
· Shaving is not permitted in any areas of the facility.
· All swimmers must be in designated areas. Anyone in non-designated areas will be disqualified from the meet. Any destruction of property during the swim meet will result in immediate disqualification of the swimmer and/or spectator from the meet and meet area. The swim club will be held responsible for the behavior of their swimmers, parents and guests.
· Dive Well is off limits at all times.
SCORING: Individual: 16-13-12-11-10-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 Relays: 32-26-24-22-20-18-14-10-8-6-4-2
point awards for each age group 14&under high point champion,
which is scored by age group events only. No senior events are
scored towards individual high point.
Heat winner ribbons in the 10 & under age group individual events.
Medals for first through third and ribbons for fourth through twelfth place for individual events. Medals for first through third and Ribbons fourth through sixth in Relay events.
T IME T RIALS
FORMAT AND FEE: Time Trials are open only to athletes entered in the Invitational meet.
An athlete may only swim the stroke being contested in a Time Trials event, e.g. an athlete may not swim backstroke in a breaststroke event in Time Trials.
Time Trial fees are $5 per event.
TIME TRIAL LIMITS: There is no limit to the number of time trial events, provided the swimmer does not exceed 6 events/day.
TIME TRIAL ENTRIES: Entry slips will be available from the scoring tent. Fees are due upon entry.
TIME TRIAL PROCEDURE: Time Trials will be held at the conclusion of the Saturday Session, TIME PERMITTING (there is a 2:00 PM time limit on our use of the pool). In the event that time trials are cancelled, refunds will be given.
FEE: No admission
HEAT SHEETS/PROGRAMS: Heat Sheets will be posted online at www.cytorpedoes.com and published on Meet Mobile.
CONCESSION STAND: Full concessions Saturday and Sunday. Limited concessions on Friday Evening.
ATHLETE APPAREL: Summer Polar Bear T-shirts will be available for purchase during the meet and online for pre-sale orders at www.cytorpedoes.com
SWIMVILLE will be set up in the Outdoor Pavilion.
LOST AND FOUND: Lost and found items should be turned in to the life guard office.
CONDUCT AND RESTRICTIONS:
- No Flash Photography at the start of competition races.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children.
- Children are not allowed to roam the facility unattended.
- The use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms.
- No smoking, drugs, or alcohol are permitted in the swimming complex.
EMERGENCIES: the facility personnel will handle all emergencies at the meet. These individuals will provide CPR and first aid as needed and will ensure that individuals with serious injuries are transported immediately to the nearest hospital for further treatment. Defibrillators will be on site.
Any coach, athlete or official who recognizes an emergency situation should immediately inform the facility’s personnel and then make sure the vicinity of the emergency is clear for the emergency personnel to do their job.
CONCUSSION AWARENESS: This meet will follow the YMCA of USA Concussion procedure. Anyone who observes or has knowledge of a potential head injury should immediately notify lifeguards and/or hired medical personnel. Once the injury report is completed, the lifeguard and/or hired medical personnel will notify the Event Staff, the athlete’s coaching staff, and the Meet Director.
If a head injury occurs, the action plan below will be followed:
Athlete is removed immediately from participation by the Meet Director
Athlete must be evaluated by a licensed health care professional experienced
in identifying and treating concussions. In addition, the athlete must be in compliance with the laws that are in effect within the jurisdiction where the meet is held.
The coaching staff will inform the athlete’s parents or guardians about the possible concussion and give or send them the fact sheet on concussion.
The athlete will not be allowed back to warm-up or compete until a health care professional, experienced in evaluating concussions determines that the athlete is symptom-free and is OK to return to participation.
LIGHTNING POLICY: The National Lightning Safety Institute, National Athletic Trainers Association, American College of Emergency Physicians, USA Swimming, and YMCA of the USA all recommend or require closing an indoor pool during an electrical storm. This policy will be followed at the meet. The facility staff will make the determination to close the pool and the pool may not re-open for 30 min. following the last lightning strike.
DRONES: Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
EVACUATION PROCEDURE: In the event the pool is closed due to lightning, all guests must immediately clear the pool deck.