2018 Summer Rec
Nu Wave 2018 Summer Rec Program Information
Who's Welcome to Participate?
- Swimmers age 6-12 years old who can swim one length (25 yards) freestyle and backstroke
- Swimmers must demonstrate side breathing during freestyle and have an adequate level of comfort swimming on their back
- Emphasis is on developing the techniques for freestyle and backstroke
- Introduction to breaststroke, and butterfly
- Swimmers will be taught streamlines & dives
Why Nu Wave?
- We offer an opportunity to improve your swimming skills in a fun and nurturing environment
- Indoor pool protected from the summer heat and common rainstorms
- Nu Wave Swim Club coaches are USA Swimming Certified
- One four week session culminates in a fun mini-meet on the last day of the session where swimmers can showcase the skills they have learned over the last four weeks
Session Dates & Times
Session I: June 4 - June 28
- Practices offered Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 4:00pm-5:00 pmat the Isidore Newman School pool
Session II: July 9th- July 26
- Practices offered Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 4:00pm-5:00 pm at the Isidore Newman School pool
*While we offer four practices a week, there is no attendance requirement for this group.
Session I: $140
Session II: $130