Strawberry Seals @ Sleepy Hollow
June 23, 2018
June 23, 2018
The Sea Lions welcome you to Sleepy Hollow!
Head Coach: Mark Anderson
Assistant Coach: Paul Birich
- MEET TIMELINE:
- 7:45 to 8:15 am: Visiting Team warm-up
- 8:10 am: Visiting Team’s Stroke & Turn and Relay Exchange Judges check-in with our referee, Kate Sullivan
- 8:20 am: Timers' meeting with our referee, Kate Sullivan, and SHST Head Timer
- 8:15 - 8:25 am: Team cheers
- 8:25 am: Introduction to the meet and National Anthem
- 8:30 am: Swim meet starts promptly
- NO BREAK between backstroke and breastroke events.
- DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
- From San Rafael, take 3rd Street towards San Anselmo. 3rd Street will merge into Red Hill Ave (also called the Miracle Mile). Keeping right through the Hub in San Anselmo, continue on Sir Francis Drake Blvd. After Drake High School on left, stay in the right lane and turn right onto Butterfield Road. The Pool is on the left at 1317 Butterfield Rd.
- Parking at our pool is in the surrounding neighborhood. We ask that everyone be careful not to block any driveways or mailboxes and avoid No Parking Zones. The neighbors have been known to call the Sheriff to ticket and/or tow illegally parked cars and we don't want any unwelcome surprises at the end of the meet.
- There will be an unloading area in front of the Clubhouse where you can drop your swimmers and then find parking.
- POOL CONFIGURATION:
- 6 lane pool configuration. Starting blocks in the deep end of the pool.
- 8 & Unders start at the deep end of the pool. They may choose to dive off the blocks or the edge of the pool.
- Swimmers of the 2nd and 4th legs of the 8 & Under relays will start in the pool at the shallow end. There will be no diving in the shallow end.
- The area around the blocks (deep-end) is small and only swimmers and timers are allowed. Absolutely NO parents are permitted in this area of the pool deck during the swim meet unless they are timing or doing 8 & Under line-ups.
- TEAM SEATING:
- We will designate an area under the trellis on the pool deck as well as the grassy area to the right of the path for your team.
- Feel free to bring tents and chairs to make yourselves comfortable.
- SNACK BAR:
- The Sea Lions have a great snack bar offering breakfast and lunch. We start serving Peet's coffee, Good Earth breakfast burritos, donuts and bagels at 7:30 AM. For lunch we offer Marin Sun Farms organic hamburgers and cheeseburgers, Jamba Juice smoothies, and fresh salad. We accept cash and credit cards.