2018 Martin's Chase at Willowsford
(this is a team hosted event)
Location: Sycamore Pool in The Grange village of Willowsford: 23510 Founders Drive, Ashburn, VA 20148
Date and Time:
- - Arrive & start warmups.
- - Meet starts with first event.
- ~ - Meet finishes.
Swimmer Registration: Must be complete before end of day ( ) on
The pool lot and Sycamore House lot are available for parking. In the unlikely event that these are full, please park along Founders Drive in the marked side lanes for overflow. Please do not park in the gravel Farm Stand lot across the street, or spaces along Founders Drive reserved for the Farm Stand. Review the parking map below, or click here to download the parking map.
The visiting team will be directed to set up on the left side of the pool. We do ask that the vising team keep the pool deck clear near the clerk of course area as traffic tends to bottleneck.
To maintain clear sight lines and facilitate efficient meet operations, parents not working the meet as a deck official, volunteer lane timer or other meet positions are not permitted along the far side of the pool. Further, competitors may not loiter along the edges of the pool between the timers and the starter equipment. We encourage families to bring their own deck chairs to supplement those available on the pool deck.
Home Team Warm Up: Typically 50-60 mins prior to meet start time for 20-25 minutes
Visiting Team Warm Up: Typically 30 minutes prior to meet start time for 20-25 minutes
We will make every effort to start the meet on time!
Our pool management company has a 45 minute wait-out period after a thunder/lightning strike. We are required to clear the pool deck during this time. Together, Team Reps and Head Coaches will address weather delays accordingly.
A swimmer may enter a maximum of three (3) individual events.
A swimmer may enter a maximum of two (2) relay events.
We do not have an automatic timing system at Willowsford. Visiting teams must supply a minimum of nine timers plus sufficient relief timers for the meet. It would also be helpful to have a 1 or 2 people to help with ribbons during/after the meet. Teams are encouraged to bring their own hand-held timing devices but we will have a sufficient supply for both teams.
Visiting coaches are responsible for the conduct of their swimmers and families and for cleaning up their team areas. Please note, as a safety precaution, no swimmer or spectator is allowed in the baby pool or beach entry area of the pool before, during or after the swim meet.
Meet sheets will be provided to the team representatives and officials. For parents, we recommend that they print programs from the website in advance (Tue or Fri evening) or use the TeamUnify app.
Concessions will be available.
Willowsford Waves – Points of Contact
Team Rep: Jon Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Operator: Keith Hickey, email@example.com
Visiting Team Entry Deadline
FINAL ENTRY FILE IS DUE 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEET START TIME.
WE HIGHLY DISCOURAGE DECK ENTRIES – WHICH IS THE GENERAL GUIDANCE ACCORDING TO ODSL.
IMPORTANT: For each swimmer:
- Click on the declaration drop down box and let us know if your child will be swimming in the meet.
- The deadline is typically 3 days before the meet date to let the coach work on event scheduling and relays.
If your child will be attending the meet:
- Sign up your child for the events that they would like to swim.
- Each swimmer is allowed to swim up to THREE individual events.
- To swim an event, your child must be able to swim the stroke legally.
- The coaches will place the swimmers into relay events (max of 2), include a note if your swimmer cannot/does not want to participate in a relay.
- Note: The 100 Individual Medley (IM) is an individual event (4 laps of the pool), not a relay.
- The coaches will determine the final meet line-up for all swimmers and events.