SSC Sizzler Invitational
NEW MEET ADDED TO THE SCHEDULE!!!
Southeastern Swim Club's Summer Sizzler Invite
June 1-3, 2018
Hamilton Southeastern HS in Fishers, IN
This meet serves as a replacement for the Ohio State Travel Meet/new offering for the whole team.
RSVP by May 11th 10AM.
4PM Warm up/5PM Meet Start. WTSC has been assigned WU group 1 for
Friday PM- WU 3:30PM, Meet Start 5PM
Saturday AM Session (13-14 and 15 & Over swimmers, Girls 1500 Free); 6:30AM Warm up/8AM Meet Start. No changes to these times.
Session (13-14 and 15 & Over swimmers, Boys 1500
6:30AM Warm up/8AM Meet Start. WTSC has been assigned the 2nd warm up
group for Sunday. WU at 7:10AM, Meet start 8AM
Saturday And Sunday Afternoon Session (10 & Under and 11-12 swimmers); 1:30PM Warm up/3PM Meet Start For Sunday only, we have been assigned the 2nd warm up session at 2:10PM
Other Meet Announcements:
- All events on Friday as well as the Mile sessions have been limited to the top 24 swimmers per events. Please note the psych sheet below. If you are ranked in the 25-27 range, we still believe you have a very strong chance to swim your events. No matter your ranking, if you are present for the session, sign in for ALL your races, even those you think you may be cut in.
- Chase starts will be in affect most if not all of Saturday and Sunday. Swimmers, be ready! All 50's will start from the windowed north end of the pool.
- The meet hosts have announced they are taking donations for summer camps being run by the Wheeler-Dowe Boys and Girls Club of Indianapolis, near 31st and Keystone. BGCINDY is a 501(c)(3) organization and the programs provided are vital for htghis economically challenged community, because they provide a safe haven for kids while their parents are working. One of the many program highlights is teaching swimming skills to those in desparate need. Requested donation items are new or gently used life jackets, kickboards, arm floaties, goggles, and any dive toys. They will have a collection bin near the spectator seating area this week.
Some Traffic Flow hints directly from the meet host as well. Note WTSC Coaches will certainly help the swimmers adapt to this plan:
- Athletes will be entering the
deck through their respective locker rooms. As they enter through
the Athletics Entrance, have your athletes make an immediate right
turn and walk down the hall. The boys' locker room will be first
on the left. The girls' will
be just a bit farther down and around the corner. Coaches will
enter through the main natatorium doors, straight ahead as you
enter the building and to the right after the concession
•We have positive check in all three days of the meet. Athletes will be guided to the location where they will be able to check in.
While there is plenty of deck space for the meet, we will have some limitations when it comes to athletes in our two starting areas: one by the windows and one on bulkhead under the large record board. Athletes will enter the bulkheads from the spectator side and exit the opposite side (diving boards side). We will have a Deck Marshal during the entire meet responsible for monitoring the traffic flow on and off the bulkhead.• We will be running chase starts the entire meet, starting with the fastest heats and progressing to the slowest.Odd heats will take off from the blocks by the windows and even heats will start on the blocks under the record board. All 50 meter events will start at the window side of the pool.• On Saturday and Sunday afternoons, we will have a clerk of course to help withl lining up the 8&under swimmers. They will be lining up on the white bench seating in front of the spectators
- Sizzler Schedule- Warm up times and Event Orders
- Girls Mile Psych Sheet
- Boys Mile Psych Sheet
- Friday Main Session Psych Sheet