VOSD @ Southbridge
(this is a team hosted event)
The Southbridge Seals would like to welcome you to our meet, which will be held at the Southbridge community pool located at 17325 River Ridge Boulevard, Dumfries, VA 22026.
Directions, Parking, and Team Area
- Take Route 234 South (Dumfries Road)
- Cross over I-95 (exit 152-A)
- Turn left onto U.S. 1 North (Jefferson Davis Highway)
- Take the 1st right onto Wayside Drive
- Turn left onto River Ridge Boulevard
- Pool is on the right before stop sign
Parking is available in the community center parking lot on both sides of the facility as well as street parking on River Ridge Boulevard.
Visiting Teams may set up tents on the upper pool deck around the large (closed) pool as identified on the SBST Pool Layout attached. A limited number of chairs will be available. Your team may put up banners and posters on the fences surrounding the pool in their areas. Please ensure banners/posters are appropriate and reflect good sportsmanship and are removed along with all trash at the conclusion of the meet.
Warm ups and Meet Time Line
* National Anthem at 6:58 AM.
There will be approximately 100 SBST swimmers in this meet. Please do your best to get commitments from families and swimmers to attend as volunteers and athletes for an efficient meet. You may use coach’s times or times from a previous season as entry times for this meet.
- All entries and team record files are due to Emily Lattanzi and Annemarie Juhlin by Thursday at 8pm.
- Submissions by e-mail to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using Team Manager Software files are required.
- Relays are authorized for up to three relay teams per team per
event. It is recommended that the “A” Relay Teams
are assigned to lanes 3 and 4. Lane assignments are as
- Visiting Team: Lanes 2, 4, and 6
- Southbridge: Lanes 1, 3, and 5
Volunteers and Equipment
The Volunteer Coordinator for the meet is Chrissy Letsen.
Southbridge runs two volunteer shifts 7:00 until the end of backstroke events which ends approximately at 9:15/9:30am and from the shift change to the end of the meet for all positions except for officials. Volunteer coverage must be maintained throughout the meet at the levels indicated below.
- Clerk of Course: We have two clerk of
course areas - one clerk of course for 8 and unders on the top deck
and one clerk of course for 9 and overs on the lower deck.
Because of the two areas, we will require four clerk of
course volunteers per visiting team per shift to assist with
organizing heats, identifying swimmers, and moving heats to the
- Volunteers should check in by 6:45am with the Head Clerk of Course on the pool deck.
- Please notify the Clerk of Course of any “no show” swimmers or scratches as the earliest opportunity.
Officials and Equipment
- The lead official for this meet is Cathie Mumford and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet participants are reminded that the deck officials are responsible for providing fair and equitable conditions during the meet. Head coaches from either team should bring any questions concerning results, scores, disqualifications, times, records, awards, or lane/heat assignments to the Head Referee. Matters will be resolved as quickly as possible with the official(s) concerned.
- The backstroke flags at each end of the pool are located at the 5 meter standard.
- Typically, we do not use dive-over starts, but this may be considered for larger teams. If applicable, the use of dive-over starts will be addressed at the officials meeting. If there are any concerns about the use of this protocol, please raise them with the lead official at the officials meeting or in advance of the meet start.
Other Meet Information
- The Southbridge Community Pool also contains a large pool with slide and a baby pool which are closed during the meet. Our meet will take place in the 6-lane event pool. Spectators are asked to stay behind the roped-off pool deck unless filling a volunteer position on deck. This area is off-limits to all tents/chairs.
- Concessions will be available from the beginning of the meet, providing a selection of foods and drinks for sale.
- We plan on conducting a 50/50 raffle during the meet.
- A limited number of meet sheets will be sold at concessions. We will provide meet sheets for Officials and Coaches and will make available for the visiting team for e-mail distribution prior to the meet.
- We will have an announcer to inform participants and volunteers of reporting times as well as general announcements and results. If you would like to submit special event announcements such as for birthdays or special occasions please give that information directly to the meet announcer at the meet.
- A tent and chairs will be set up for the visiting team coaches on deck.
- Lifeguards are provided for water and pool deck safety. First-Aid will be provided at the Lifeguard station at the base of the clubhouse.
- Please observe all reserved parking spots – the HOA WILL TOW vehicles without warning.