Leinster Age-Group Championships
Leinster Age Group gala is on Sat June 2nd and Sunday June 3rd this is a very important gala. Sign up must be done by this THURSDAY. Coaches will pick events and I will send a report of the events. It will be 9 euros an event. Relays are paid for by the Club. Please place payments in an envelope with Adrianne Mulhall on the outside and your swimmers name also. A copy of your swimmer’s events & payment must be included. Payment due in Trojan box by Thursday May 17 @ 7pm, no late entrees will be accepted. No fees received will mean your swimmer will be removed from the gala.
1. This gala is only for swimmers aged between 11 and 14yrs on Dec 31st next (that is, born between 2004 and 2007).
2. Leinster is running the Age-Group Division One and the Division Two galas concurrently. Heats for swimmers in any particular discipline in Division One will be followed immediately by heats in the same discipline in Division Two. Event numbers 1 to 33 are Division One events. Event numbers 102 to 131 are Division Two events. So, for example, heats in Event 23 (Div One Girls 100m B/C) will be followed immediately by heats in Event 123 (Div Two Girls 100m B/C).
3. Depending on the numbers of entrants, heat numbers may have to be curtailed. If this is necessary, Division Two heats will be curtailed first, and some swimmers inside the Consideration Times (but outside the Qualifying Times) may be moved from Div One events to Div Two events to facilitate a smooth running of the gala within Swim Ireland guidelines.
4. Finals will only be held for Div One events. All Div Two events are HDW. Finals will be held at the end of each session, after a 15-min break. Thus the finals for events 2 to 6 and event 8 (scheduled for Saturday morning) will be held directly after the heats and before the lunch break on Saturday.
5. Swimmers must achieve the Qualifying Times in the heats to be allowed to progress through to the Finals.
6. It is permissable for a swimmer to mix some events in Div One and some events in Div Two.
7. All swimmers, for both Div One and Div Two, must submit entry times that have been achieved in open competition since June 1st 2017. Meet Manager has been configured to automatically reject all NT entries.
Sign up today