Spring House of Delegates Meeting - Training for ALL Officials/Meet Directors
Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Sunday, June 10, 2018
ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Room P107
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P107
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P108
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P109
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Room P112
- Meet Director's Handbook: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: PDF
- Meet Director's Test: PDF
- Registration Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 - Room P114
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Room P08
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM - Room P112
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
- Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
- Speak clearly and concisely.
- Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
- State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
- Most importantly:
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes:
Reports of officers
Age Group Vice-Chairman:
Senior Group Vice-Chairman:
Coach Representative Report:
Athlete Representatives Report:
Treasurer's Report: Report (will also be distributed at the meeting)
Niagara LSC Records:
Reports of committees and coordinators
- Statistics - Spring 2018
Legislation / By-Laws:
- Diversity Chair Report
National Times Verification: Report
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2018-2019 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Calendar for HOD Approval
Proposal for By-Laws Amendment
Proposal for Policies and Procedures Amendments
Proposal to amend Niagara Meet Fee Schedule effective 9/1/2018
Proposal to ratify Niagara Policies and Procedures
Administrative Vice Chair
Age Group Vice Chair
Junior Coaches’ Representative (Held at Coach's Meeting)
Resolutions and orders