Vallejo Aquatic Club/Pacific Swimming Long Course Open Meet
Note from Coach Jose:
Seniors and Juniors will be attending the Senior Open meet.
Online entries are now accepted. Please sign up as soon
as possible: https://ome.swimconnection.
PACIFIC SWIMMING LONG COURSE SENIOR OPEN MEET
JUNE 23-24, 2018
Enter Online: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/vjo20180623
under USA/Pacific Swimming Sanction No. 18-063
In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
NOTICE: By entering this meet, the athlete or his/her guardian consents to the publication, via electronic, print or other media, information and/or imagery related to their participation at this meet. Such information and imagery may include, but is not limited to, photographs, video, web casting, television, psych sheets and live meet results.
USE OF AUDIO AND VISUAL: Photography and video recording from behind the blocks or starting areas is prohibited unless prior permission is granted by the Meet Referee. Use of any audio or visual recording devices, including but not limited to film and digital cameras, cell phones and tablets, and Google Glass is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms. Violation of this recording prohibition may result in ejection from the swimming pool facility by the Meet Referee or his/her designee.
OFFICIALS: Meet Referee: Andy Downs Head Starter: Matt Schmidt Meet Marshal: Jennifer Matteo Admin Official: Barbara DeVries Meet Director: Joe Sapida/Gigi Sapida – firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCATION: JOHN F. CUNNINGHAM AQUATIC COMPLEX. 801 HEARTWOOD AVENUE, VALLEJO, CA 94589
DIRECTIONS: From I-80 East onto Georgia Street: from I-80 West, RIGHT up over freeway onto Georgia Street. Go east on Georgia Street, past (3) stoplights. Turn LEFT on Heartwood to pool. From Contra Costa, take I-680 NORTH to I-780 NORTH. Exit from I-780 at Columbus Parkway. Turn LEFT on Georgia Street. Turn RIGHT on Heartwood. Pool is on the left side. Pool parking lot is only for officials who are working the meet. THOSE PARKING IN IMPROPER AREAS WILL BE TICKETED BY V.P.D AND MAY BE TOWED.
COURSE: Outdoor heated 50 meter pool with up 8 lanes available for competition. Additional lanes will be available for warm- up/cool down throughout the competition. The minimum water depth for the shallow end course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 13’ at the start end and 4’ at the turn end. In accordance with Article 104.2.2C(4) the competition course has been certified. A copy of the certification is on file with USA Swimming.
TIME: Meet shall begin at 9:00 AM each day with warm-ups from 7:30 to 8:45 AM each day.
• Current USA
and Pacific Swimming rules and warm-up procedures
shall govern the meet. A copy of these procedures shall be posted
at the Clerk-of-Course.
• All events are timed finals.
• All events shall swim fast to slow
compete in a maximum of four (4) events per day.
• If local conditions warrant it, the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the Meet Director, may require a mandatory scratch down. Immediate cash refunds will be made for any mandatory scratches.
• All coaches and deck officials shall wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner. Deck Pass may be used to prove registration status.
UNACCOMPANIED ATHLETES: Any USA-S athlete-member competing at the meet shall be accompanied by a USA Swimming member-coach for the purposes of athlete supervision during warm-up, competition and warm-down. If a coach-member of the athlete’s USA-S Club does not attend the meet to serve in said supervisory capacity, it is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to arrange for supervision by a USA-S member-coach. The Meet Director or Meet Referee may assist the athlete in making arrangements for such supervision; however, it is recommended that such arrangements be made in advance of the meet by the athlete’s USA-S Club Member-Coach.
RACING STARTS: Athletes shall be certified by a USA-S member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start, or must start the race in the water. It is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
Smoking and the
use of other tobacco products is prohibited on the pool deck, in
the locker rooms, in spectator seating, on standing areas and in
all areas used by athletes, during the meet and during warm-up
• Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue.
• No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue.
officials, and volunteers will be allowed on the pool
• Changing into or out of swimsuits other than in locker rooms or other designated areas is prohibited.
• Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or concealed), blades, knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance may result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
• Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
• Pop-ups and tents shall not be allowed on deck, except at the west end of the pool. For fire and Safety purposes, the coaches’ area is for coaches only. Athletes may check in with their coaches but cannot stay there.
Athletes shall be
current members of USA-S and enter their name and registration
number on the meet entry card
as they are shown on their Registration Card. If this is not done, it may be difficult to match the athlete with the registration and times database. The meet host shall check all athlete registrations against the SWIMS database and if not found to be registered, the Meet Director shall accept the registration at the meet (a $10 surcharge shall be added to the regular registration fee). Duplicate registrations shall be refunded by mail.
are eligible to enter this meet. There is no proof of time. Entry
times should be the athlete’s
time and not the minimum standard.
• Athletes 11 and 12 years of age must meet the Senior Open time standard as outlined by Pacific Swimming time verification procedures. No refunds will be given if a time cannot be proven.
Athletes under the
age of 11 years are not eligible to compete.
• Disabled athletes are welcome to attend this meet and should contact the Meet Director or Meet Referee regarding special accommodations.
• No time conversions will be accepted.
• Entries with “NO TIME” will be rejected.
SEEDING: Event seeding shall be in the following order: LCM conforming long course meters, non-conforming short course yards, and non-conforming short course meters - USA Swimming rules 207.11.7B. See Rules for distance events seeding.
CHECK-IN: The meet will be deck seeded . Athletes shall check-in at the Clerk-of-Course . No event shall be closed more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the session. Close of checkin for all events shall be no more than 60 minutes before the estimated time of the start of the first heat of the event. Athletes who do not check-in will not be allowed to compete in the event.
SCRATCH RULE: Athletes entered in a timed final individual event that is seeded on the deck that have checked in for that event, must swim in the event unless they notify the clerk of the course before seeding for that event has begun that they wish to scratch. Failure to swim an event will result in being barred from their next individual event.
ENTRY FEES: $6.50 per individual event plus a $10.00 per athlete participation fee. Entries will be rejected if payment is not sent at time of request. No late entries will be accepted. No refunds will be made, except mandatory scratch downs.
ENTRIES: To enter online go
http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/vjo20180623 to receive an
immediate entry confirmation this method requires payment by credit
card. Swim Connection LLC charges a processing fee for this
service, equal to $1 per athlete plus 5% of the total Entry Fees.
Please note that the processing fee is a separate fee from the
Entry Fees. If you do not wish to pay the processing fee, enter the
meet using a mail entry. Entering
online is a convenience, is completely voluntary, and is in no way
required or expected of an athlete by Pacific Swimming.
entries will be accepted through Wednesday,
June 13, 2018.
MAILED OR HAND DELIVERED ENTRIES: Entries must be on the attached consolidated entry form. Forms must be filled out completely and printed clearly with athlete’s best time. Entries must be entered using the current Pacific Swimming procedure: and postmarked by midnight, Monday, June 11, 2018 or hand delivered by 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Requests for confirmation of receipt of entries should include a self-addressed envelope.
Make check payable to: Mail entries to:
AWARDS: None. ADMISSION: Free.
“Vallejo Aquatic Club” or “VJO”
Re: Swim Meet Entries P.O. Box 5846
Vallejo, CA 94591
Hand deliver entries to:
Re: Swim Meet Entries 801 Heartwood Avenue Vallejo, CA 94589
SNACK BAR & HOSPITALITY: A snack bar will be available throughout the competition. Coaches and working deck officials will be provided lunch. Hospitality will serve refreshments to timers and volunteers.