National YMCA Leadership Camp
Location: Orlando, FL
The YMCA Swimming Leadership Development Camp is an opportunity for swimmers and coaches to further development their leadership, communication and decision-making skills. This year's camp will be October 11-14 in Orlando, FL and will include workshops, swim practices, community service and several pre- and post-camp assignments.
The YMCA Swimming Leadership Development Camp is a three-day camp opportunity for YMCA swimmers:
- high school juniors for 2018-19 School year
- have competed in the YMCA National Championship Meet
- already demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Participants are selected through and application process that includes a leadership essay, letters of recommendation, school transcript and community service experience.
- The camp consists of workshops, problem solving exercises, a community service activity and swimming training sessions.
More information may be found on the National YMCA Swimming and Diving website-
Please remember the June 1 application deadline. There are several supporting documents and letters that are submitted with the application itself. If you have questions, please contact Meredith Griffin.