Open Water Championship Meet (Entries due May 30)
Location: Hueston Woods State Park – College Corner, OH, at Action Lake Beach
Swimmers shall have the National BB time for the 200/400/500 freestyle distance for his or her age group (see page 2). This cut shall have been achieved during any USA Swimming sanctioned event since January 1, 2017 through the Entry Deadline.
15 & Overs will swim 4 Kilometers; 13 – 14 will swim 3 Kilometers; 11 – 12 will swim 2 Kilometers; 10 & Uners will swim 1 Kilometer
There will be a mandatory Pre-Race Briefing held before competition begins to discuss the course, rules and safety procedures. The Referee will remove any swimmer from competition who does not attend the clinic or is found to be inattentive during the clinic. Course will be patrolled by qualified safety personnel.
13-14 and 15 & Over Age Groups
- Check-In Begins: 9:00 am (Swimmers not checking in will be scratched)
- Pre-Race Briefing: 9:30 am - (15&Over) 10:30 am (13-14)
- Competition starts: 10:00 am (15 & Over) 11:00 am (13-14)
10 & Unders and 11-12 Age Groups
- Check-In Begins: 10:00 am (Swimmers not checking in will be scratched)
- Pre-Race Briefing: 11:30 am
- Competition starts: 12:00 noon (11-12) 12:50 pm (10&U)
Please see the document below for more details.