56th Annual DCSL Championship Meet
DCSL Championship Meet
Date: Saturday July 28
Location: Northgate High School, 425 Castle Rock Rd,Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Meet Start Time: 9:00am
Schedule of Events:
- 7am Meet at the FHST Pool where we'll let the whole neighborhood know who we are. The energy is high, faces are blue, cars are marked! We'll caravan to NORTHGATE HS, regroup and make our 'grand entrance' to the pool deck as a team!
- 8-8:45am Warm ups: Lanes TBD See age group assignments below (Warm Up section)
- 8:45am: i) 8&U Medley Relay swimmers should be at the clerk of the course ii) Timer check in
- 9am: Meet Begins
- Clerk of the Course - all swimmers must go through the Clerk of the Course. There are no shepherds at this meet, so parents, make sure to get your kids (of all ages) to the clerk. Please bring a sharpie so your swimmer can be marked. To get the meet started promptly, all 6 & Under and 7-8 Medley Relay teams should be checked in at the clerk of the course no later than 8:45am, before the singing of the national anthem
- Meet Programs - will be available for sale before and for the first couple hours of the meet. Food is available for purchase onsite.
- Spectators - We LOVE to watch all of our swimmers. Although we cannot save a large area, let's try our best to sit at the same set of bleachers, as space provides. MAKE SURE TO WEAR YOUR FHST Spirit Wear.
There will be parking in the main lots in front of the school off Castle Rock Rd. Parking attendants will be on hand in the morning to allow parking on the blacktop next to the main lot. Please do not park in any of the surrounding neighborhoods where it is marked: “Residential Permit Only.”
Warm-up lane assignments:
FHST swimmers will use Lanes TBD for warm ups at the following times:
Warm up/Cool down lanes: Due to the larger size of the Northgate pool, DCSL will offer three warm up and cool down lanes. The lanes will be staffed with lifeguards and marshals during the meet. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping this area as quiet as possible. Only those swimmers 11 and older will be allowed to use this area. No swimmer under the age of 11 will be allowed to use the warm-up/cool-down lanes.
A list with all volunteer assignments will be circulated
- Northgate has a Neighborhood Agreement to not start events prior to 8am. The pool will not open until 8am. Please be respectful of the neighbors prior to 8am and keep noise to a minimum prior to that time, so we are allowed back next year.
- No smoking, use of tobacco products, illegal substances or alcohol is permitted. Individuals should expect immediate eviction if found smoking, using tobacco, illegal substances or drinking alcohol.
- Leave the dog at home - California state law prohibits animals from all aquatic facilities (except for service dogs).
- No barbeques are allowed except by food vendors.
- Small children must be supervised. Only entered swimmers are allowed in the pool.
- The pool will be immediately closed following the last event of the meet. No one is allowed in pool after the last race is concluded including any celebratory acts.