2018 Summer Long Course Age Group
August 8th - 11th 2018 Long Course Age Group Championships
"AMS ZONE TEAM" swimmers will need to make qualifying times to be eligible for this meet
Reminder - Zone Team Applications are due by 9:00 EDT this Saturday, July 21st. You must apply by the deadline to be considered for the team!
The Long Course Age Group Championship Meet will be held August 8 – 11, 2018 at the Collegiate School Aquatics Center in Richmond, VA (home of the 2008 Olympic Trials Pool).
The on-line application can be found on the AMS Zone Team Web Site.
To be considered for the 2018 Long Course Zone Team, swimmers must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Submit a Long Course 2018 On-Line Zone Application by the deadline (9:00 PM on Satuday, July 21,2018).
- Achieve at least one (1) LC Qualifying Time(s) during the qualifying period (Aug 9, 2017 through July 31, 2018) from an observed, approved or sanctioned USA Swimming competition. Time Standards are attached.
- Swim in a minimum two (2) AMS Sanctioned meets and 12 individual events during the 2018 Long Course Season.
Any swimmer who submitts an application and has met all the qualifications will be guaranteed a spot on the team!
instances, if no swimmers have achieved the qualifying time for a
particular event, the top two (2) swimmers from the AMS Top-10 list
for that event may be selected for the team. You can find the most
recent Top Times reports (aged up for zones) on the zone team web
- Pete Barry - Head Coach (PRA)
- Courtney Fazenbaker (WAAC)
- Charles Lersch (WHAT)
- Luke Modrak (UN)
- Todd Sterlitz (FAST)
- Tommy Steele (PEAQ)
- Becca Yonek (PTSC)
- Morgan Zweygardt (HD)
If your swimmer is interested in going to Zones and is currently listed on the AM Top 10 list, we encourage you to complete the application on the AMS website. There is no penalty for applying for the Team. If you do not submit an application, you will not be considered for the Team – No Exceptions!!! Your application must be submitted by 9:00 PM on Saturday, July 21, 2018.
- We typically take about 10 chaperones with us on this trip. If you are interested, click the "Chaperone" tab on the zone team web site for details and to apply.
- We have a block of rooms at the Courtyard Richmond Downtown. You cannot book a room in our block at this time, however we are accepting requets for rooms in our block, pending avaiability after the team is selected. If you would like to be considered for a room in our block, please use the link under the "Hotel" tab on the zone team web site to complete the request form. Requests are honored on a first come - first served basis, with preference given to those staying all four nights. In the interim, you are welcome to reserver a room outside of our block in Courtyard or Residence Inn. Both hotel occupy the same building/space.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Hartman at email@example.com or 412-200-2571.