Venue: Repsol Sports Centre
Date: June 28-July 1, 2018
- Thursday (distance): warm-up @ 3:00 PM / start @ 4:30 PM
- Fri to Sun (prelims): warm-up @ 7:15 AM / start @ 8:30 AM
- Fri to Sun (finals): warm-up @ 3:30 PM / start @ 4:30 PM
Swimmers may qualify for the Summer Championships by achieving one of the Alberta championship time standards within the qualifying period. Para Swimmers must achieve one of the Provincial Para Swimming time standards within the qualifying period. Time standards are available on www.swimalberta.ca.
Swimmers may enter any event in which they have a qualifying time to a maximum of six (6) individual events. Swimmers who have five (5) qualifying events may enter one (1) bonus event, swimmers who have four (4) qualifying events or less may enter a maximum of two (2) bonus events. Bonus events must be 200m or less, unless the swimmer has a qualifying time in an event 400m or longer. Swimmers who have a qualifying time in 400 freestyle, 800 freestyle, 1500 freestyle or 400 IM may use bonus events to enter other events 400m or longer.
- Female: 12 & Under, 13-14, 15 & Over
- Male: 13 & Under, 14-15, 16 & Over
- Mixed Para; Para Male; Para Female
There will be A-finals only for the female 12 & under and male 13 & under age category. Other age categories will swim A and B finals in that order for events 200m or less. The 400m events will only swim an A final.