Home: St Albans - TEAM PHOTO
(this is a team hosted event)
ST ALBANS (HOME)
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THIS MEET:
- Having ALL volunteering and concessions positions filled is extremely important to running the smoothest and quickest meet possible. We are beyond grateful for the support you provide in making that happen!
- THIS IS THE DATE FOR OUR TEAM PHOTO! HALL-POTVIN PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE OFFERING INDIVIDUAL PHOTOS FROM 4:00-4:40PM. THE TEAM PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN BEFORE WARM-UPS AT 4:45PM!
- DIVING SAFETY: A reminder that swimmers who have yet to complete the USA Swimming Racing Start Safety Certification Protocol, to the best of the coaching staff's ability, will be told to perform an in-water start or their highest level achieved racing start from the side of the pool.
- Absences Due: Two days before the meet, by 8:00pm. CLICK HERE TO DECLARE YOUR ABSENCE. It is always assumed your swimmer will be attending
SHARP | Warm-Ups: 5:00pm--5:30pm | Swimmers Recieve Event Cards:
5:30pm | Meet Start Time: 6:00pm | Approx. End Time:
- Individual Photos: Arrive as early as 4:00pm. The earlier you arrive, the more likely there is time for your individual photo to be processes and taken!
- Team Photo Only: The 4:30pm arrival time is fine, but be prompt! The team photo is taken at 4:45pm!
- To be good hosts, we are offering the EDGE Parking Lot to the VISITING TEAM ONLY!
- See the attached Parking Map to see where you can park. We HIGHLY recommend carpooling to save space
- The coaching staff is beyond grateful to have such a supportive group of parents. We have some of the smoothest meets because of our volunteers, so please continue this tradition by clicking "Job Signup" to see how you can get involved
- Our Parent Volunteering document is attached, which describes what each position does
- As a reminder, there is a $75 "opt-out" fee for families that elect not to volunteer for the season
- A swim meet is only as good as its concession stand! Having a varied and enticing concession stand helps fuel swimmers and raise money for our team. See what you can bring by clicking "Job Signup"
SPORTSMANSHIP / FUN:
The two most important parts of our team! How do we have fun and display good sportsmanship? We have a few expectations of our swimmers:
- Say hello and make a new friend with someone you may not know from the visiting team
- Say "Good luck!" before your race and shake hands afterward
- After your race, grab a snack and/or water, and head to the pool deck to cheer! A positive, LOUD atmosphere can make swimmers feel extra excited for their races
- Stay until the very end so we can do a LOUD sportsmanship cheer to commend the excellent swims of our friends from the visiting team
AFTER THE MEET:
- There is a long-standing CVSL tradition where families gather at Al's French Fries after meets in the Greater Burlington area to bond in a classic diner setting with a creemee, meal or simply enjoying your friends' company! This is certainly not mandatory
- Please be mindful of the hard work our janitorial staff puts in each time we host a meet to keep the gymnasium, pool area, and pool water in the best condition for our members. Pick up any trash that you may see
- We know how exciting the basketball hoops and balls are, but the swimmers are NOT allowed to use them at ANY time, including arrival
- If you are in need of immediate help, ANY EDGE STAFF MEMBER IS AVAILABLE TO HELP: Front Desk, Lifeguards, Coaches and/or the Aquatics Director