CVSL "Go the Distance" Meet
(this is a team hosted event)
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THIS MEET:
- There will NOT be event cards. Someone on the loudspeaker will announce what events are in the water. It is up to the swimmers to know when to report behind the blocks for their races.
- Job sign-ups won't be live until the Tuesday before the meet. We must fill ALL positions and be ready to help whenever possible!
- This is a GREAT opportunity to see how the flow of a Leagues or States meet will go both for swimmers and volunteers. This includes the Dolfin remote timing system, which is just an extra step or two for timers who hold the special stopwatch--it syncs right to our meet management system!
- DIVING SAFETY: A reminder that swimmers who have yet to complete the USA Swimming Racing Start Safety Certification Protocol, to the best of the coaching staff's ability, will be told to perform an in-water start or their highest level achieved racing start from the side of the pool.
TIMELINE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Absences Due: July 6, by 8:00pm. CLICK HERE TO DECLARE YOUR ABSENCE. It is always assumed your swimmer will be attending
500 Free Session
- Arrival: 2:30pm SHARP | Warm-Ups: 3:00pm--3:25pm Open Lanes | Session Start Time: 3:30pm | Approx. End Time: 3:55pm
10 & Under
- Arrival: 3:30pm SHARP | Warm-Ups: 4:00pm--4:20pm Lanes 1-3 | Session Start Time: 4:30pm | Approx. End Time: 5:15pm
- Arrival: 5:00pm SHARP | Warm-Ups: 5:30pm--5:50pm Lanes 3-6 | Session Start Time: 6:15pm | Approx. End Time: 8:05pm
- To be good hosts, we are offering the EDGE Parking Lot to the VISITING TEAM ONLY!
- See the attached Parking Map to see where you can park. We HIGHLY recommend carpooling to save space
- The coaching staff is beyond grateful to have such a supportive group of parents. We have some of the smoothest meets because of our volunteers, so please continue this tradition by clicking "Job Signup" to see how you can get involved
- Our Parent Volunteering document is attached, which describes what each position does
- As a reminder, there is a $75 "opt-out" fee for families that elect not to volunteer for the season
- A swim meet is only as good as its concession stand! Having a varied and enticing concession stand helps fuel swimmers and raise money for our team. See what you can bring by clicking "Job Signup"
SPORTSMANSHIP / FUN:
The two most important parts of our team! How do we have fun and display good sportsmanship? We have a few expectations of our swimmers:
- Say hello and make a new friend with someone you may not know from the visiting team
- Say "Good luck!" before your race and shake hands afterward
- After your race, grab a snack and/or water, and head to the pool deck to cheer! A positive, LOUD atmosphere can make swimmers feel extra excited for their races
AFTER THE MEET:
- GET REST!
- Please be mindful of the hard work our janitorial staff puts in each time we host a meet to keep the gymnasium, pool area, and pool water in the best condition for our members. Pick up any trash that you may see
- We know how exciting the basketball hoops and balls are, but the swimmers are NOT allowed to use them at ANY time, including arrival
- If you are in need of immediate help, ANY EDGE STAFF MEMBER IS AVAILABLE TO HELP: Front Desk, Lifeguards, Coaches and/or the Aquatics Director