AZ Swimming 8&U Championships
Mar 16, 2019 - Mar 17, 2019
March, 5 2019
March 15, 2019
(this is a team hosted event)
(this is a team hosted event)
Blue (10U),Blue S,Pre-Comp A,Red A (10U),Red B (10U),Red S,White A (10U),White B (10U),White S ([* ALL Locations *])
Open to 8&U swimmers in Arizona who have previously competed in a USA Swimming meet and have an official time in desired events.
* Theme & Coach Sign-in: The theme is DINOSAURS! Teams are encouraged to wear their favorite dino-themed gear. Each swimmer will receive a goodie bag and we ask that a coach from each team pick up the bags when they check in on Saturday morning. The coach sign-in and bag pick up will be near the entrance of the pool near the large gates....look for balloons :)
* Officials Meeting: There will be an officials meeting at 10:00am on Saturday and Sunday in the hospitality room for those who are available to help. Lisa Fail is the meet referee and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have parents who would like to volunteer on either day as officials.
* Coaches Meeting: There will be a coaches meeting prior to the start of the meet on Saturday. The meeting will take place in the hospitality room at 9:45am.
* Tent set-up: Families are welcome to set up tents beginning at 9:00am on Saturday. We have a few groups practicing prior to that time but will not open the gates to the pool until 9am. There will be areas of the deck that are unavailable for seating/tents so please ask your families to carefully read any signs on the desk.
* Parade of Athletes: We will have a parade of the athletes starting at 10:55am on Saturday. The warm-up pool will close at 10:45am so teams will have time to get their swimmers together. Teams need to be ready outside the main gate as close to 10:50am as possible. Our Dino Trainer will be leading the teams around the pool.
* Bullpen/Clerk of Course: We will have a clerk of course (or bullpen depending on where you are from :)) for all of the 25 yd events. We have older swimmers and parents who will help make sure the swimmers get to their correct lane on the bulkhead. There will NOT be a clerk of course for the 50s and 100s but we will have people behind the blocks to check the names of swimmers in the next heat. Hopefully, this reduces the chances of kids missing their race.
* Awards: We will be doing awards for the top 3 swimmers in each event throughout the meet. We have the awards starting about midway through the Saturday session to allow us time to finalize results and make sure the swimmers can get to the awards area, which will be located on the West end of the pool near the diving well.
* Hospitality: Coach and volunteer hospitality will be located in an office near the diving well. For teams who have been at our meets in the past, this is a different location but hopefully one that is easier to access for the weekend. Lunch will be served both days, along with snacks, drinks, etc.
* Concessions: We will have a concession area set up throughout the meet as well. There will be a variety of snacks and drinks available.
* Meet Program: Meet programs will be sold in the Concessions area. The cost of the program is $5 for the weekend.
- AZ19-67 8 and Under Champs @ SAC.pdf
- Meet Events-2018 AZ 8-U Championships-16Mar2019-001.zip
- Final Timeline 3.12.19.pdf
- Final Psych Sheet 3.12.19.pdf
- Meet Results-2019 AZ 8-U Championships-16Mar2019-001.zip
- Final Results 3.18.19.pdf