2018 CONTRA COSTA COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP SWIM MEET (INVITATIONAL)
(this is a team hosted event)
2018 CONTRA COSTA COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP SWIM MEET
(Friday 8/10 - Sunday 8/12)
Only swimmers that meet Contra Costa County Championship Meet eligibility and have qualifying times can participate in this meet.
INDIVIDUAL EVENTS: If you have not yet qualified for individual events, you can do so at any meet through 08/04/2018, including VSA Championships or Last Chance meets. If you are uncertain about whether or not you have qualified, please contact email@example.com
RELAYS: Deadline to COMMIT to be considered for a relay is Monday July 30. Final relay teams will be determined by the coaching staff starting Wednesday August 1. To be eligible for the final county relay team, the swimmer should have participated in a relay race with a county-qualifying time OR the sum of swimmers' individual event times must meet or exceed the county-qualifying relay time. Coaches' decisions are final.
- Even if you have swum with a county-qualifying relay team, you are not guaranteed to be selected for the County team.
Even if you have NOT swim with a county-qualifying relay team, you may still be eligible. If you would like to be considered for a relay team, please COMMIT to the meet so that coaches know that you are interested and available.
If you COMMIT, you must be available to attend County Practices 7/31 - 8/10
If you COMMIT, you must be available to compete in Relay Trials on Friday 8/10 and in Finals on Saturday (Medley) or Sunday (Free) if your team advances.
2 Important Steps
1) Read the information below along with attached documents to determine your eligibility. LMYA's County Championship Meet page is also a great source of info and will always contain the most current information: https://www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=76073&team=reccvlmyadst
Please ask questions as needed.
2) COMMIT or DECLINE for the meet ASAP (see notes regarding relay substitues and single day availability). Especially if you have swum with a County-qualifying relay team, please COMMIT or DECLINE immediately.
If you have qualified for individual events, please select the events you wish to enter (max 2 individual)
If you have NOT qualified for individual events, but wish to be considered for a relay, please COMMIT and do not select events.
If you can only attend one of the days, please note that in the comment section. This is critical information to allow coaches to put together relay teams.
All participating families will be assigned jobs at the meet. We will have our job assignments in early August.
The team covers all fees for this meet, so no payment is required!
Acalanes High School at 1200 Pleasant Hill Rd, Lafayette, CA (LMYA home pool).
FORMAT: We will again hold Championship Finals (1st-10th) and Consolation Finals (11th-20th) for all Individual Events and results from both will be included in the team scores. Medals will be awarded to 1st – 10th place and Rosette Ribbons will be awarded for 11th – 20th place. We will hold Championship Finals only for Relay Events (1st-10th). Relay Teams will be awarded medals for 1st – 10th places only; however, scoring for relays will include the top 20 places. Please see the Meet Information sheet in this packet for additional information on scoring and awards.
On Friday August 10, 2018 (approximately 4:00 – 7:00pm) the order of events will be:
- Medley Relay Trials
- Free Relay Trials
On Saturday August 11, 2018 the order of events will be:
- Freestyle Trials
- Breaststroke Trials
- 11 & Up Individual Medley Timed Final
- Lunch Break
- Freestyle Finals (Consolation and Championship Final heats)
- Breaststroke Finals (Consolation and Championship Final heats)
- Medley Relay Finals (1 heat of Championship Finals. Top 20 relays will still score points, but only top 10 will swim in the Finals session)
On Sunday August 12, 2018 the order of events will be:
- Backstroke Trials
- Butterfly Trials
- 10 & under Individual Medley Timed Final
- Lunch Break
- Backstroke Finals (Consolation and Championship Final heats)
- Butterfly Finals (Consolation and Championship Final heats)
- Free Relay Finals (1 heat of Championship Finals. Top 20 relays will still score points, but only top 10 will swim in the Finals session
Team work assignments are based on the number of entries in last year’s County Meet.
Clerk of the Course – All swimmers must check in and be seated at the Clerk of the Course before their events AND immediately following the Clerk’s Final Call for that age group. No parents will be allowed inside the Clerk of the Course at any time during the meet. Coaches may accompany swimmers 8 and under, only. This area is for participating swimmers and their coaches (as allowed above) only.
- The only items that can be left on the grass over night are popup tents. No chairs, tables, blankets, coolers, etc. can be left on the grass overnight. Those items can just be moved to the cement or dirt areas at the end of each row.
- Do not put any stakes in the ground on the Acalanes field.
Coaches Meeting – A mandatory coaches meeting will be held at the Clerk of the Course area at 3:20 p.m. on Friday and at 8:20 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. Heat sheets will be available to all coaches on Friday, August 10th at the Acalanes Pool beginning at 2pm.
Parking – No Parking on the street anywhere on Pleasant Hill Road. Cars parked here will be towed by the City of Lafayette at the owner’s expense. VIP parking will go on sale at 8pm on Mon Aug 6th on the County Meet tab of the lmyaswim.com website.
Please pay attention to which lanes are designated for starts by the Deck Referee during warm-ups. United States Swimming safety regulations and warm-up procedures will be used again this year. It is imperative that your swimmers are fully aware of these Safety Guidelines, which have been instituted by United States Swimming to safeguard your swimmers. No swimmers will be allowed to participate in warm-ups without a coach from their team to supervise the warm-up. Please have all team members and families review the enclosed safety regulations.
- County Eligibility
- 2018 County Meet Eligibility Rules
- Guidelines for using AHS Field.pdf
- 2018 County Team Area Map.pdf
- 2018 County Meet Session Summary