Developmental Meet vs. WAC
On Saturday, October 6th, we will host a small swim meet for novice swimmers. The meet is not sanctioned so the times will not be official. We are hosting the event so that new families to get familiarized themselves with meets. Here is all the relevant information:
- The meet is not sanctioned. The results will not be official. There is no packet of info. Think of it as a practice meet.
- Due to the nature of
the meet, we will not use the scratch procedure but parents can
instead sign their child(ren) up for the meet on the web site by
Friday, September 27.
- The meet is completely free so don’t hesitate and sign up now!
- Swimmers are limited to 3 individual events.
- We will be hosting a limited number of novice swimmers from Westerville Aquatic Club and Buckeye Swim Club.
- The timing system and scoreboard will be used.
- The meet is recommended for 1st year swimmers. Second year swimmers with limited experience are also invited to sign up.
- Warm-ups are scheduled
for 11:00 AM with the meet starting at approximately 11:30 AM and
lasting about 1 hour.
- All events will be competed coed in this order: 50 free, 25 free, 50 breast, 25 breast, 50 back, 25 back, 50 fly, 25 fly.
- Advanced swimmers (age 13+) are invited to give back to the newer swimmers on the team by volunteering to be the timers. Swimmers can earn credit for community service if they need it. Please talk to or e-mail Coach Bernard.
- We will have the following practices on that day for swimmers who will not be competing in the meet: Swimmers age 10 and under: 8:00-90:00 AM. Swimmers age 11 and over: 9:00-10:30 AM.