KISU Triple Pentathlon
(this is a team hosted event)
Main Meet - requires sub4min for 200 IM time. This year, we have a special guest speaker on the Saturday for swimmers and Sunday for parents . . . Don Heidary from Orinda Aquatics. He will be speaking on Character Building in Swimmers. Funded by Swim BC.
Registration Deadline: Friday, Sept. 26 (start the year off right by registering RIGHT NOW). Swimmers who sign up late may not be able to enter the meet. If late registrations are accepted, they are subject to a $10 late fee.
Location: Penticton Community Centre
Warm ups: Friday - 3 pm (everyone) Saturday - 7:30 am for 12&U, 1:30 pm for 13&O Sunday - 7:30 am (everyone). Swimmers should be there 15 minutes early for stretching.
Meet format: Timed Finals. Swimmers will be combined age groups for heats but separated for results.
Entries: Swimmers will swim all the events with some exceptions for younger swimmers in the longer events. Entries will be posted on the website prior to the meet.
Entry Costs: $30, when the club's volunteer policy committment is fulfilled.
(Please see document below for more detailed information.)
- Friday – 100s of all the strokes, plus 200 IM.
- Saturday – 200s of all the strokes, plus 400 IM.
- Sunday – 50s of all the strokes, plus 100 IM.
Coaches' Editorial: This is our home meet. ALL KISU swimmers (sub4 for 200 IM) should be there! Meet information and entries is posted in the link below.
Volunteering at the Meet
Job Sign up Deadline: Wednesday October 11th
- Swim meets are a MAJOR fundraiser for our club, and as such, all parents are needed and required to help out. The funds raised benefit each and every KISU swimmer! Swim meets are completely run by volunteers. The club makes money by charging entry fees for the swimmers to compete in the events. This meet charges swimmers from every other club $6 per event . . . $90 to swim the 15 events of the weekend. KISU swimmers get to participate for only $30 (and this includes dinner on Friday night) as a way of saying thank you to the parents for their volunteer time.
- Each family is required to provide one adult volunteer for the equivalent of one session on each day of the swim meet for which they have one or more swimmers registered.
- A penalty of $25 will be applied to the account of the swimmer(s) per session where the appropriate number of volunteers is not provided. The volunteer must be registered for their commitment through the club website by the stated deadline. The penalty will be stated as part of the event description.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16-years old. Volunteers do not have to be members of the family. Children less than 16 years of age are welcome to volunteer but do not fulfill the requirement of an adult volunteer.
- Volunteers will be assigned roles by the Volunteer Coordinator. Roles will be assigned based on the experience of the volunteer. Volunteers will be assigned to different roles in order to develop the knowledge and experience of our volunteer pool. You may be assigned multiple roles in a single session. (i.e. meet heat sheet sales and timing, or timing and ribbons etc.)
- To sign up, click the Job Sign Up icon. There will be 4 sessions over the three day meet.