AHSAA South Sectional (HS Qualifiers) (HOME)
MESSAGE UPDATES ABOUT THIS MEET
Send a text to this number: 81010
Text this message: @2018ahsaa
Bishop State Pool
Times: (times are tentative and may change
once entries are
Diving – Friday: Warm-Up: 10:00 – 11:00 am/ Competition: 11:00 am
Swim Prelims – Friday: Warm-Up: 3:15 – 4:45 pm/ Competition: 5:00 pm
Swim Finals – Saturday: Warm-Up: 7:30– 8:30 am/ Competition: 8:45 am
***Officials/ Head Coaches Meeting at 4:45 pm on Friday and 8:30 am on Saturday.***
This will be a prelim/ final swim meet following the AHSAA State Meet order of events. This meet will be conducted under the auspices of the Alabama High School Athletic Association and the 2017-2018 NFHS Rules Book and as an Observed meet under Southeastern Swimming, Inc., of US Swimming.
Note: Swimmers who qualify for finals must swim, unless clearance is obtained from the Meet Referee.
**Warm up lane assignments and times will be posted at the pool.**
All participants must be eligible under AHSAA rules. Only high school varsity teams and individuals representing high schools are eligible for the state meet. All participants in any meet must be accompanied by a faculty member from their school.
Teams may enter only six (6) individuals per event and one (1) relay team per event. No more than four (4) individuals per team may score or advance to finals in an event. A participant may enter a maximum of four (4) events (diving events included), no more than two (2) of which may be individual events.
Note: Schools may enter their relay teams without individual names. It shall not count as an entry unless the competitor actually competes in the event. All students included in the entry may swim in the prelims, swim-offs and/or finals of relays provided he/she does not exceed the permitted entries for the meet. A relay alternate may be listed beside an entry's name, but any substitution must be made prior to the start of the event. An event may be deleted at any time; however events may not be added after the entry deadline.
All meet entries must be e-mailed to SHSCcoachTK@aol.com, by Monday, November 12. Teams will receive a confirmation e-mail with entry lists for final approval. ALL DIVERS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH ENTRY FILES. Divers will declare their entry list on the morning of competition. Results will be entered into Meet Manager for scoring. NO LATE ENTRIES OR DECK SEEDED ENTRIES WILL BE ALLOWED.
$5.00 per swimmer. All checks should be made payable to CMSA.
$8.00 per day. These fees are due to the AHSAA.
Top 16 for 6A-7A will be scored as follows:
Top 8 for 1A-5A will be scored as follows:
1A-5A Top Female Team and 1A-5A Top Male Team Champion will receive Team Awards;
6A-7ATop Female Team and 6A-7A Top Male Team Champion will receive Team Awards.
Each team will be responsible for providing volunteers to assist in the logistics of meet management. These positions will include: lane timers, head timer, runners, and post meet assistance. Click here to complete the volunteer sign in.
Hospitality services will be provided for coaches and officials. Officials will be fed Friday night and Saturday by the AHSAA. A first aid station will be located on the pool deck and staffed with an AHSAA trainer. Concessions will also be available.
All persons interesting in officiating should complete the Application to Officiate Form. The Meet Referee will select officials and assign positions for the meet. There will be (1) starter, (1) deck referee, and (4) stroke and turn judges on deck at once.
Items to Note:
- The facility will open 30 minutes prior to the start of each session’s warmup time.
- No… coolers allowed inside the building.
- No… alcohol and tobacco
- No… artificial noise makers
- No… flash photography at the start of the race.
- No… spectator chairs to be setup on deck.
- Athletes and spectators may setup chairs in halls or on the second floor of the building. This is a privilege so please speak with your athletes about keeping your areas clean and cleaning up before you leave. Teams will be responsible for any damage to their area, or for excess cleaning fees caused by a team. Teams are welcome to bring tents to set up team areas on the front lawn of the facility.
- We will have chairs for coaches on the far side of the pool and barricades to keep the spectator area organized. The bleachers in the pool will be used for spectators, not team areas.
- Only athletes, coaches and meet workers will be allowed behind the blocks, on the bulkhead or on the far side of the pool.
- The bulkhead will be used for stroke & turn judging and athlete traffic only. Athletes should not enter the deep end of the pool from the bulkhead or stand on the bulkhead to cheer during races.
- Admission is $8/ day for all spectators. Athletes, coaches and meet volunteers will not pay the admission fee. All meet volunteer names must be turned in by 6:00 PM on Wednesday, November 14. Click here to complete the volunteer sign in.
- Coaches must present your AHSSA issued coaches card at the admission table to be admitted.
- An AHSAA athletic trainer will be on site for any injury needs.
- Events File (1A-5A)
- Events File (6A-7A)
- State Cuts
- Meet Information - updated 11/8/2018
- Psych Sheet
- School Entries (full meet)
- School Entry Fee Report
- Receipt for school business offices - listed by school
- 2018 AHSAA South Sectional Meet Program
- Warm Up Schedule
- Team Scores
- 6A-7A Time Standard Qualifiers
- 1A-5A Time Standard Qualifiers
- Top 3 in event state qualifiers
- Full Meet Results
- TM Results File