Jill Griesse Memorial Invitational at Denison University
Jill Griesse Memorial Invitational June 14-16, 2019
Held under the sanction of USA Swimming Ohio Swimming Sanction # OH-19LC-20
Location: Denison University Trumbull Aquatic Center 200 Livingston Drive Granville, OH 43023
Coach Morgan will be covering this meet
- Team Stretch 4:20pm
- Pool 4:30-5:00pm Lane 9 with UAC,FA,WHY,CSC,FAST
- Meet Start 5:10pm Meet Ends 9:10pm
- Be on Deck & Ready to Go at 6:55am
- Pool 7:00-7:30am Lane 3 with WOR/CSC
- Meet Start 8:10am Meet Finish 1:00pm
- Team Stretch 7:20am
- Pool 7:30-8:00am Lane 4 with UASC
- Meet Start 8:10am Meet Finish 1:50pm
SPY HAS NO SWIMMERS IN AFTERNOON SESSIONS
- Please remember NO food is allowed to be brought into the facility
- There will be concessions available
- The doors will open for spectators on Friday at 3:45pm
- There will be a COACHES meeting at 4:30pm in the Hospitality room
- On Sat and Sun the pool deck will open at 6:30am and spectator doors will open at 6:45am
- Aquatic Outfitters will be the meet vendor all weekend to accommodate all your swimming needs
- Fine Designs will also have super cool meet shirts
- On Saturday there will be a basketball event going on during the same time as the meet so you may not be able to park as close as you want
- If you would also be so kind to make sure the area your team sits in is cleaned up each session that would be much appreciated
- The meet will be using fly-over starts for all sessions. Please talk with your athletes about staying in the water, close to the wall and being curteous to the next heat.
- There is little to no room to insert a swimmer into a future heat / event if they miss theirs. As in the past, we will do everything we can but realize it may not be possible.
- Attached are the psych sheets and they will be posted on meet mobile soon. The 400 IM and 400 Free on Friday; and the 11-12 200 Breast and 200 IM on Saturday are limited events. If your athlete has "SCR" next to their name on the psych sheet, they have been cut due to time limitations.
- Positive check-in will be required for all Friday events and all 11-12 200 meter events. If your athlete does not positively check-in, they will not be seeded and the next fastest athlete in that age group that has checked in will be seeded, if the event has been limited.
- For those athletes that are listed as being cut on the psych sheet, who do not get to swim, we are offering a time trial for those events (400 IM, 400 Free, 200 Breast and 200 IM) on Saturday evening after the 12 & under session has completed. It will start at approximately 6:15 PM and there will be no warm-up in the competition pool preceeding it. Please note, this time trial is ONLY for those athletes who were cut and your athlete does not have the option of choosing between the regular event and the time trial. If they are seeded to swim and fail to positively check-in, they will not be permitted to swim. To participate in it, they will need to positively check-in by 5:30 pm on Saturday and provide their own timer. There will be no awards given and we are not accepting deck entries into these events.
Facility: The Denison University Trumbull Aquatic Center features a 9-lane, 50 meter long by 25 yard wide competition course, a large diving well for warm-up and warmdown; and seating for just over 750 spectators. The aquatics center includes locker rooms and state-of-the-art timing system. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4). Copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming. The competition water depth is measured at, or greater than, a distance of 3 feet 3 ½ inches (1.0 meter) to 16 feet 5 inches (5.0 meters) from both end walls. Admission: Pau Hana Swim Team will accept donations at the door to add to our contribution to Pelotonia.
Meet >The meet will be conducted in Long Course Meters in accordance with all USA Format: and Ohio Swimming rules. The meet will be timed finals. Genders and ages will be combined for timeline and seeding purposes; but broken out for scoring into the following age groups: 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14, 15 & Over
ENTRY LIMITS>Swimmers are limited to a maximum of 4 individual events per day.
- Entries will be accepted in either LCM or SCY times.
- LCM times will be seeded first (fastest), followed by SCY
- NT entries will not be accepted,so Coach Mickey will estimate an entry time.
- Those events marked with an asterisk (*) may be limited to the top 4 heats of each gender and age group (10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14 and Open).
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race in the water without the use of the backstroke ledge. When unaccompanied by a member coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
EVENT FEES> Ï $5 per individual event : Ï $2 per individual to Ohio Swimming
- The meet will be conducted under the rules of USA Swimming and Ohio Rules: Swimming, Inc. All participating swimmers, officials, and coaches on deck must be members in good standing of USA-Swimming.
- No swimmer will be allowed to compete unless s/he is a member of USA-Swimming as provided in Article 302. USA-S registration will NOT be available at the meet. All officials and coaches must show proof of current USA Swimming credentials to gain deck access. All USA-Swimming rules will be enforced during the competition.
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms, or locker rooms. Under no circumstances are cameras or any otherrecording device allowed in the area immediately behind the starting blocks at either end of the racing course(s) while they are in use for race starts during the competition and warm-up.
- Please refer to the Safe Sport section of the Ohio Swimming, Inc. policies and procedures for further information regarding the use of visual recording devices. Deck changes are prohibited.
- Positive check-in may be required for ALL EVENTS 200 meters or greater. All other events will be pre-seeded.
- Deck entries will be accepted where space is available. No new heats will be added. Swimmers who wish to deck enter MUST be members of USA Swimming. There will not be an opportunity to register for USA Swimming membership at the meet. Deck entry fees will be double what the published entry fees are for the meet.
- Clerk-of- Course>There will be no clerk of course for the meet. It is the responsibility of the swimmer to be present for his/her events.
Awards & Scoring>>
- Ages 10 & Under and 11-12: Places 1-8 – custom medals; 9-16 – custom ribbons.
- High point age group awards 10 & Under and 11-12; and Team Awards places 1-3.
- There will be no awards for the 13 & Over participants
- It is expected that swimmers will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner that is respectful of the venue and represent their club and USA-Swimming in a positive light.
- All coaches are asked to ensure their team area is cleaned up before leaving the facility. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that all minor spectators are well-behaved and under supervision at all times.
- Any swimmer or spectator acting in an inappropriate manner will be reported to their coach and or parent for disciplinary action that may include removal from the meet and facility.
- Any swimmer, or spectator, caught damaging or defacing property will be barred from the meet and appropriate remediesfor damages will be pursued.
- It is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
- Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
TIMERS >>We are asking teams with 20 or more swimmers competing to provide 2 timers per session each day.
Aquatic Outfitters of Ohio will be at the meet with a great selection of suits, caps, goggles and other swimming items.
This meet is being held in honor of Jill Griesse and her many contributions to swimming and the lives she touched through her coaching career and other activities. One of the happiest times of Jill’s life was in 1968 when she founded and coached the Pau Hana Swim Club in Newark following her own swim career during which she won both senior and Junior National Synchronized Swimming Championships. Jill served on the U.S. Olympic Swimming Committee for 18 years and travelled internationally with the Committee. Jill was the recipient of countless awards, including her 1994 election to the Ohio Women’s Hall of Fame, the 2007 Licking County Foundation Everett D. Reese Award, the 2011 Granville Good Scout Award, the 2013 Robbins Hunter Women’s Board Victoria Woodhull Woman of Distinction and the 2013 Central Ohio Technical College Legends of Loyalty Award. Jill enriched the lives of everyone she encountered, inspiring each to try a little harder to fulfill their purpose. Considered by many a force of nature, she dreamed up innovative ways to entertain, often fund raising for her favorite causes while sharing pure fun with her friends and family. She left the world a better and more beautiful place, and she was afforded the tremendous opportunity to live her goodbyes with everyone she loved. We are pleased to host this meet in Jill’s honor and the legacy she left behind. In addition to Jill’s memory, the meet will benefit Pelotonia.