NOVA Age Group
NOVA October Kick off
Who: 12 & Younger
When: October 6-7, 2018
Where: NOVA Aquatics Center, 12207 Gayton Road, Richmond, VA 23238, Phone: (804) 754-3401
• 10-lane 25-yard pool, pool depth is 4.5 feet deep in lane
1 sloping to 7 feet in lane 10 with Kieffer Wave eater lanes,
Daktronics Automatic Timing System.
• 10 lanes will be used for competition with 2 warm-up/warm-down lanes available at all times in the adjacent pool located at the NOVA facility.
• The competition course has been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2C (4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming
• All 8 and younger swimmers will swim in Saturday and Sunday mid-day sessions.
• All 9-12-year-old BB+ swimmers will swim on Saturday and Sunday morning.
• All 9-12-year-old B & C swimmers will swim on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
• All events will be timed finals
• Morning sessions: Warm-ups not before 7:00 am; competition starts not before 8:00 am.
• Mid-day sessions: Warm-ups not before 11:15 am; competition starts not before 12:15 pm
• Afternoon sessions: Warm-ups not before 1:30 pm; competition starts not before 2:30 pm.
• Lane assignment and warm-up times for individual clubs will be posted on the NOVA website no later than Tuesday, October 2, 2018, and will also be emailed to the contact person of the participating clubs.
• If the morning session runs late, afternoon warm-ups will begin immediately after the morning session ends.
• Individual events: Ribbons will be awarded for first through eighth place
o 8 & under individual events will be given separate awards for 6 & U, 7 year old, and 8 year old age groups.
o 12 & under individual events will be given separate awards for 10 &U and 11-12 age groups.
o Heat winner ribbons will be awarded for all 10 & under individual events.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK AT THE APARTMENT BUILDINGS ACROSS THE STREET OR THE SHOPPING CENTER NEXT TO NOVA. The NOVA Aquatics Center has parking available.
• SOUTH – 95 North to 64 West to the Gaskins Road South exit. Follow Gaskins Road south to Ridgefield Parkway (3rd light); turn right. Proceed on Ridgefield until you intersect with Gayton Road (4th light); turn left. NOVA Aquatics Center less than ½ mile on left.
• NORTH – 95 South to 64 West to the Gaskins Road South exit. Follow directions above.
• WEST – 64 East to the Short Pump/Broad Street 250 West exit. Follow Broad Street (250 West) to Pump Road. Take a left at the light. Follow Pump Road to Ridgefield Parkway (3rd light); take a right. Follow Ridgefield Parkway to Gayton Road (2 lights); take a left on Gayton Road. NOVA Aquatics Center less than ½ mile on left.
• SOUTHSIDE – Take Chippenham Parkway North which will turn into Parham Road. Follow Parham Road to Quioccasin/Gayton Road (Regency Mall on left); take a left at the light. Proceed for 4-5 miles. NOVA Aquatics Center will be on your right.