2019 Midwest All-Stars
35th Annual MW All-Stars Championship
Date: Friday, January 18, 2019, for team warm-ups and pictures. Saturday, January 19, 2018, to January 20, 2018
Coaching Staff: Kate Davey (head coach) CIA, Karyl Palmer (DSMY), Tom Young (DMSF).
Team Iowa Contacts:
Meet Registration: Marie Koenigsfeld: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Iowa website & communication prior to the meet: Tanja Avant: email@example.com
Team Head Coach & Team Iowa communication for/at the meet: Kate Davey:
Team Communication for the 2018 Midwest All-Stars Meet: Request to join our closed Facebook group: ISI ~ TEAM IOWA ~ ALL STARS 2019
Team Iowa Swimmer's Pack:
Each ISI athlete entered in the Midwest All-Stars Meet will receive an ISI complimentary Team Iowa swimmer's pack.HOWEVER , the athlete will need to pre-order the pack through Splash MultiSport by ...date/link coming soon.
Host: Midwestern Swimming, sponsored by Aquatic Club of Elkhorn.
Website: Aquatics Club of Elkhorn
Location: Elkhorn’s Common Ground, 1701 Veterans Dr, Elkhorn NE
Meet Participants: Colorado, Iowa, Midwestern, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri Valley
Hotel Information: We have two room blocks under Team Iowa at the following hotels:
Meet Information: Meet invite to come shortly
- Warm-ups Friday
(1/182019): In an effort to accommodate traveling teams, meal
schedules, hotel check-ins, below is the following schedule.
- 2:00-2:45 PM - Midwestern (Team Photo 3:00 PM)
- 2:45-3:30 PM - Missouri Valley (Team Photo 3:45 PM)
- 3:30-4:15 PM - South Dakota (Team Photo 4:30 PM)
- 4:15-5:00 PM - Iowa (Team Photo 4:00 PM)
- 5:00-5:45 PM - North Dakota (Team Photo 4:45 PM)
- 5:45-6:30 PM - Colorado (Team Photo 5:30 PM)
LSCs will have use of the entire pool during warm-ups to allow
host team is requesting that teams arrive no earlier than 1 hour
prior to warm-up
- The gym will be available for team meetings and equipment distribution.
Schedule (tentative): The same meet format will be used and
adjustments may be
necessary as the entries are collected.
- Saturday AM Session: Warm-up: 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 AM Meet starts 8:40 AM
- Saturday PM Session: Warm-up: 3:20, 3:50, 4:20 PM Meet starts 5:00 PM
- Sunday AM Session: Warm-up: 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 AM Meet starts 8:40 AM
Athlete Limits/Registration Info:
Each LSC is limited to 60 athletes and 5 swimmers per event, each age, and gender. When all ISI applications have been received, the team will be built starting with the top three times in each event. If the 60 athlete limit and the event limit is not yet achieved the team will look at top four times, then top five times etc. Once the 60 athlete limit is reached, additional entries based upon the 5 entries/event will be filled only with existing team members. This may result in entries where a faster time in the LSC exists.
Athletes can now swim up to 7 individual events.
Swimmers are required to be available for the entire meet (all 3 sessions) as each team is limited to 60 named athletes and not 60 swimmers per session.
Important Dates to keep in mind:
- Team Iowa All Stars Application is DUE by midnight, December 16, 2018, via Registration through the Team Iowa website. Only athletes who register and committed to the meet will be considered.
- Event qualifying period for All-Stars Team Selection is 9/1/2018 to 12/16/2016.
- Updated times (any new times for those on Team Iowa after the qualifying period and prior to the entry deadline (deadline here once available) will be submitted to update entry times.
Volunteers Needed This Year: