Swim & Rock
(this is a team hosted event)
Location: Oak Marr Recreation Center
3200 Jermantown Rd, Oakton, VA 22124
11/14 - UPDATES FROM THE SWIM & ROCK MEET DIRECTOR AND TIMERS STILL NEEDED!
5. From the Oak Marr staff: NO SWIMMER DROP OFF in front of the main entrance.
- Please remind parents that swimmer drop-off is NOT permitted in the fire lane directly in front of the main doors. Swimmer can be dropped off by the mini golf course and not need to cross a street.
- The lower parking lot by the soccer fields should be available (no other sports are scheduled).
- Meet t-shirts and programs will be available for purchase in the lobby. Shirts are $20 and programs are $5.
- Oak Marr will also have concessions available for swimmers and parents. A sample of the options include Rita's Water Ice, Smoothies, subs, pizza, and other snacks and drinks.
IT'S TIME FOR SWIM & ROCK!!!
This is one of the most fun meets of the year and as such, is very popular. We always take a large group to this meet, and as explained below by the Meet Director, entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, we will be sending in our entries on October 18 (the day they open), to be sure all of our interested swimmers are entered. If you think you may be interested in attending this year, you MUST sign up by the deadline; once our entries are submitted, there will be no additions or deletions. Please note, however, that if you are registered when we submit the entries, the meet fees will be charged to your account.
Please read the following information and the meet announcement very carefully. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.
FROM THE SWIM & ROCK MEET DIRECTOR:
Entries will be accepted beginning October 18, 2018.
11 & Older contestants are limited to (9) nine events:
Up to 3 preliminary events on Friday morning – plus 1 distance event (1000 or 1650)
Up to 2 Events on Saturday
Up to 3 Events on Sunday
9 & 10 contestants may enter a total of seven (7) events – up to 3 events on Saturday and up to 3 events on Sunday, plus the 500 Free on Friday during the distance session.
Fairfax County Park Authority limits the number of swimmers and overall number of persons at the OakMarr Recreational Center, we have to limit each session to 600 swimmers. Entries will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. All entries must be received no later than 5:00 pm, Thursday, November 1, 2018. Please see the Meet Announcement for information on where to send meet entries and payment.
NOTE: All invited teams are required to provide timers. Most SDS parents will be on deck volunteering so we need your help. Teams will be expected to provide timers in proportion to their entries in each session. Here is the link: 2018 Swim & Rock Timer Sign-up
We NEED OFFICIALS! Complimentary Official 2018 Swim & Rock Meet shirts will be given to those who sign up and work at least three sessions. The link to register to work the meet can be found: 2018 Swim & Rock Officials Sign-Up. Also there will be a training session for officials on Saturday at OakMarr – great opportunity to get the training done and also work the meet.