2019 RMSC Holiday Invititational
This is a Top Tier championship meet, with both a preliminary & finals session. Swimmers must meet or exceed the qualifying standard in order to participate. This Championship meet is a NST event. Only verifiable times will be accepted for this meet, NT's will not be accepted. Swimmers will be eligible for bonus events, please see bonus event rules. Swimmers enrolled in this meet must be prepared to swim finals in the event of qualifying.
- Trials: All Swimmers will participate in the Trials section of the meet.
- Finals: Hydro-Sonic Tiburones swimmers that qualify for Finals are expected to attend the Finals session
- Germantown Indoor
- 18000 Central Park CircleBoyds, MD 20841
- (240) 777-6830
- December 12th-15th 2019
- Thursday, December
13 Distance Events Warm-up 4:30 to 5:20 PM Events 5:30
- The competition pool will open for general warm-up 5 minutes after the conclusion of the Thursday 500 Freestyle events and will remain open until 8:30 PM.
- December 12,13,14, 15 13-14/Open Preliminary Sessions Warm-up: 6:45 to 8:05 AM Events 8:15 AM
- December 14, 15, 16 11-12/10 & Under Preliminary Sessions Warm-up 12:30 to 1:30 PM Events 1:40 PM
- December 14, 15, 16
Finals Sessions - Competition Pool Warm-Up (For athletes swimming
in finals each night)
- 13 Over 4:45 to 5:30 PM
- 12 & Under 5:30
to 5:55 PM Events 6:05 PM
- The competition pool closes immediately after the conclusion of the final event of every session. The warm-up/cool-down pool will remain open for 30 minutes after the conclusion of every session.
Once each meet session starts, swimmers will not be permitted to walk from the start end to the turn end of the pool (or vice versa). This is the lane 1 side of the pool as the deck officials, administrative table and the announcer are located in these areas. Please make sure to inform you swimmers of this and plan accordingly.
- Entries with “NT”, (No Time), will not be accepted.
- All entries must have provable times in the SWIMS database within the qualifying period.
- All entry times requiring verification must be verified before 5:00 PM on Thursday, December 13 or they will be dropped from the meet.
- All events are trials and finals except for relays, the 1000 freestyle (13-14 & Open), 1650 freestyle (13-14 & Open), and the 11-12 500 freestyle which will be timed finals.
- All 10&U and 11-12 individual events will have one (1) heat in the finals sessions, except as noted above.
- All 13-14 and Open individual events will have a "B" final and an "A" final heat. The "B" final will be swum first.
- 13-14 and Open distance events will be swum combined; age groups will be scored separately.
- 1000, 1650, and 12 & Under 500 freestyle will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
- The fastest heat of the combined men’s and women's 1000 freestyle will swim as the first event in finals on the final day of the meet. All other women's and men's 1000s will be swum at the conclusion of the preliminary session. Positive check in for the 1000 free will close at 6:30 PM on Saturday, December 15.
- All swim-offs will be performed before the conclusion of the preliminary session they occur in.
- 1000 free and 1650 free entries may be limited due to time constraints. If these events become oversubscribed, entries may be limited based on fastest entries received by the entry deadline. Clubs will be notified if their swimmer has been removed from the event, and any swimmer removed from 1000/1650 free due to these limitations will be allowed to select any bonus event to enter in its place. Individual
- Swimmers achieving 1 qualifying time will be permitted to enter two bonus events.
- Swimmers achieving 2 qualifying times will be permitted to enter one bonus event.
- Swimmers achieving 3 or more qualifying times are not permitted to enter bonus events.
- There are no time standards for bonus events; however, swimmers must have a provable seed time that falls within the meet qualifying period.
- Bonus entries with “NT”, (No Time), will not be accepted.
- Make sure to check the bonus event box for all bonus swims when submitting entries.
- Bonus entries are seeded last.
- Bonus swims in events 400 yards or longer will only be accepted up to the next full heat of each event. In the case that bonus entries exceed the number of lanes available, entries will be taken according to the fastest seed times entered. The coaches of those swimmers who are removed from the bonus event will be contacted and an alternate bonus event can be chosen.
- There is a limit of three (3) relay entries per club, per event.
- Relay entries with "no time” (NT) will not be accepted.
- Verification of entry time must be provided for all relay entries with the entry, composite time is acceptable.
- All relay entry times requiring verification must be verified before 5:00 PM on Thursday, December 13th or they will be removed from the meet.
- The Meet Administrative Referee or Meet Manager reserves the right to combine relays by gender or age when necessary.
- All 200 yard relays will be pre-seeded and swum during the preliminary session.
- All 11-12 400 yard relays will be pre-seeded and swum during the preliminary session.
- All 13-14 & Open relays 400 yards and longer require positive check-in. The Meet Director/Referee reserves the right to waive positive check-in depending on entries received.
- All 13-14 & Open 400 relays will be swum fastest to slowest.
- All 13-14 & Open 400 Free relays (Sunday) will be swum during the preliminary session, prior to the distance events.
- Only the fastest heat of the 13-14 and Open 800 free relays will be swum during the finals session. All other heats will be swum at the conclusion of Friday’s preliminary session.
The positive check in sheets and the scratch table will near the administrative/computer table on deck. Please review the meet announcement for positive check-in rules and the scratch policy.
- Friday events: 400 IM and 800 Free Relay closes at 8:30 AM.
- Sunday events: 1000 Free closes at 6:30 PM on SATURDAY night. The 400 Free Relay closes at 8:30 AM for the 13-14/Open.
- All Thursday events and the Sunday 1000 Free are swum fastest to slowest, alternating women/men.
- Sunday 1000 Freestyle: The fastest 10 women & men will swim at finals
Relay cards MUST be picked up & returned to the administrative table by the deadlines (TBA).
When necessary women's & men's
relay heats will be combined due to time constraints.
The fastest heat of the 13-14 & Senior 400/800 yard relays will swim at the end of FINALS.
Hard copies of meet results will be posted on the wall of the warm-up/cool-down pool for coaches and upstairs for spectators.