Short Course Championships
(this is a team hosted event)
This is the second of our championshipmeets. Qualifying times needed.
reminder, if you qualify for this meet, you will be automatically
entered and billed for those events. Your participation in
championship meets is expected.
Garvey Aquatic Center
8323 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
(All events on Thursday night, all 13 and over prelims, and all finals sessions)
Wichita State University
Heskett Center Wiedemann Natatorium
1845 Fairmont Wichita, KS 67260
(All prelims for 12 and unders on Saturday and Sunday)
Swimmers may enter all events for which they qualify but may swim a maximum of three (3) individual events per day and a maximum of seven (7) individual events for the entire meet.
Format: This is an LSC Championship meet with individual and relay events. All finals sessions and Thursdays timed finals session will be swum at the Garvey Aquatic Center. All preliminaries for 13 - 14 and 15 & Over swimmers will be at Garvey Aquatic Center. Preliminary sessions for 11 - 12 and 10 & Under will be swum at Heskett Center Wiedemann Natatorium.
There will be a
preliminaries/finals format with the fastest eight (1 - 8) swimmers
advancing to Championship Finals, and the next fastest eight (9 -
16) advancing to Consolation F inals.
The following exceptions apply:
1. All prelims/ finals events for 10 & Under shall have only the fastest eight (1 - 8) swimmers advancing to finals.
2. The 200IM for 10 & Under is a timed finals events. The fastest seeded heat (8 swimmers) of this event will compete in finals, and the rest will be swum in preliminaries.
3. The 200 Back, 200 Breast for 11 - 12, will be swum as timed finals events with the fastest seeded heat (8 Swimmers) to be swum in the finals session. The 200 Fly will be swum as a timed finals events in prelims.
4. All relays will be timed finals. On Friday and Saturday the fastest seeded heat (8 teams) will be swum at the beginning of the Finals Session . All other relays will be completed in their assigned session. The 800 free relay will be swum fastest to slowest alternating women /men.
5. All heats of the 1000 and 1650 yard freestyle will be timed finals with heats alternating women/men and seeded fastest to slowest. The 13 - 14 and 15 & Over age groups will swim together but will be scored separately. Swimmers aged 11 - 12 may compete in these events with the Senior qualifying time but will be exhibition only.
6. The 13 - 14 and 15 & Over 500 Freestyle and 400 IM will have only the fastest eight (1 - 8) swimmers advancing to finals. In prelims these events will swim the first two fastest circle seeded heats of women, the first two fastest circle seeded heats of men, then alternating heats of women/men, fast to slow.
7. The 11 - 12 500 Freestyle is a timed finals event and will be swum fastest to slowest alternating women /men.
Events in finals will be conducted with Consolation Finals prior to the Championship Final.