VSA League Championship
(this is a team hosted event)
The VSA League Championship Meet will be held at Dougherty Valley High School in San Ramon on Saturday and Sunday, July 27-28, 2019, starting at 8:30 AM both days.
The meet will have a Trials / Finals format for all individual events except for IM and relays which will be timed finals. Swimmers also have a chance to qualify for consolation finals (#11-20) and finals (#1-10).
Trials and finals events will be conducted on a single course on the parking lot side of the pool in lanes #1-10. The VSA Meet format has changed to single course for several reasons including the ability to view all kids races, less strain on coaching staff, simplifying computers and decreasing overall jobs required to run the meet. The VSA Board strives to make the meet format enjoyable for all participants. For additional details on this meet, please print out and review the attached "Meet Letter" which can be found under the Forms/Documents section below. IMPORTANT: Be sure to review the Pool Rules, Code of Conduct, Check in Procedures, etc. included in the "Meet Letter".
CHECK IN TIMES
- Job check in starts at 6:45 AM and no later than 7:45 AM.
- The Stroke and Turn officials meeting will be held at 7:30 AM both Saturday and Sunday.
- The Starters and Timers meeting will be held at 8:00 AM both days.
- All Timers and Recorders will be called to their chairs at 7:45 AM both days.
- Relay check in is 8:00 AM .
- Clerk of the Course will begin calling swimmers at 8:10 AM.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
Saturday & Sunday
- 7:15 AM Warm-ups
- 8:15 AM National Anthem
- 8:30 AM First Races Begin
Clerk of the Course check-in for the first event each day will begin 15 minutes before start of meet
Schedule - Saturday
|Schedule - Sunday|
|Individual Medley 11 & up (Timed Final)||15-18 50 yd Freestyle|
|Freestyle||Individual Medley 10 & under (Timed Final)|
|Medley Relay (Timed Final)||Butterfly|
|Finals*||Free Relay (Timed Final)|
* Reminder for swimmers who may qualify for finals: Please check the finals meet sheets which are posted on the pool deck. Remember that VSA rules permit only 4 swimmers from each team to swim in each finals event. Please do not rely on Meet Mobile for finals seeding!
MEET PROGRAM PRE SALES - FRIDAY, JULY 26th
Danville Sea Devils will be selling the VSA programs Friday night, July 26th in 2 locations:
- The first location will be in the school parking lot in front of the Sycamore Stingray clubhouse. The Sycamore Stingray address is: 635 Old Orchard Dr, Danville, CA 94526. Programs will be available from 5:30 - 7:00 PM for $10.
- The second location will be out at Dougherty Valley High School near the pool area, so people can purchase them during set up. The Dougherty Valley High School address is: 10550 Albion Rd, San Ramon, CA 94582 . Programs will be available from 4:00 - 6:00 PM for $10.
If inventory allows, additional program sales will take place Saturday morning at DVHS, until progarms are sold out.
There will be a small drop off area in front of the gym. It is recommended, however, that you simply proceed to park your car in the either the upper or lower parking lot, and carry your gear to where your team area will be marked. Parking at all of Dougherty Valley High School is on a first come first served basis. We believe the upper parking lot will support most, if not all, of our guests, however, there are other parking lots in and around the school. Please feel free to park (legally) wherever you wish. Families may drop off and unload in front of the gym then park and walk in. All parking around the facility is of walking distance within a few minutes. No entrance into the parking lot before 6:00 AM both days.
TEAM AREAS AND SET UP:
Teams may setup in their designated team areas beginning at 4:00 PM on Friday and no sooner. Please be advised, HOX Board members will be on site to ensure no HOX families set up before this time. Should any families set up before 4:00 PM on Friday, belongings will be taken down and removed. Please review aerial map included in the "Meet Letter" (included below in the Forms/Documents section) to locate the HOX team area. All items left overnight are done so at your own risk. The VSA is hiring private security to monitor team areas overnight both Friday and Saturday night, however the VSA will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged items. We highly recommend not to leave anything valuable overnight in your team areas.
WARM-UP TIMES AND LANE ASSIGNMENTS:
The pool will be available for warm ups between 7:15 - 8:15 AM on both days. During the meet, lanes 15-20 (closest to football field) will be available for warm up / warm down. Swimmers who are 9 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Any swimmer not following standard warm up/warm down rules will be asked to leave the pool. Each team will be provided with a younger kid block for warm-ups.
Lane Count starts at the Parking Lot side of the pool. Blackhawk warm up lanes (7 & 8) and times are as follow (to be updated as meet gets closer):
|6 & Under|
PLEASE NOTE: Any swimmer that does not commit to attend the VSA MEET by JUNE 30TH, will not receive a theme shirt from ATUAHAWKU. Swimmers committed to swim by June 30th, will receive one (1) free shirt per registered/committed swimmer. Please be sure to check that your shirt sizes are correct in your Team Unify account. There is no need to order a shirt for your swimmer.
Parents, grandparents, non-swimming siblings, etc. may order shirts by CLICKING HERE (link disabled). These additional shirts (not your swimmer(s)) will be billed to your BHCC member number. Order by June 26th.
July 5 - July 26 - Report any swimmer changes by email to: email@example.com
Day of the meet ONLY - Report any swimmer changes by text to: 925-200-7421