Battle of the Ages
Battle of the Ages is a 2 day Saturday-Sunday invitational open to all Stingrays swimmers. This meet is unique in that swimmers compete only against swimmers of the same age (so a 13 year old swimmer will only swim against other 13 year old swimmers, not against 13 AND 14 year old swimmers). Your family picks the events your child will swim on one or both days. Additional volunteer duties (beyond your regular season 30 units or buyout volunteer hours) are required for participating families.
Many of the swimmers get new personal bests at this meet so you are highly encouraged to sign up for this meet!
- Battle of the Ages will take place Saturday, June 22nd - Sunday, June 23rd, 2019.
- Meet starts at 9:00AM on both days
- Pleasant Hill Education Swimming Center, 1 Santa Barbara Road, Pleasant Hill CA 94523
- $5 Splash Fee (meet entry fee) plus $5 per event individual event swum
- Warm-ups will be at 7:30-8:45AM each day
- Specific team warm-up times and lanes will be assigned closer to the actual event
- Lane 10 is for warm-ups and cool-downs for 13-18 year old swimmers only for the duration of the meet.
Schedule of Events
- Saturday: Mixed Distance Free, Breaststroke, Butterfly
- Sunday: Individual Medley, Backstroke, Freestyle
Team Camp Assignments
- Team areas will be located in the school hallways and on the school fields.
- Team areas will be assigned closer to the actual event
- At your own risk, you may set up as early as 5:00pm Friday evening
- At your own risk, you may leave your tents/chairs out for the duration of the weekend. Pleasant Hill Dolfins is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- General parking is available in the parking lot in front of the reserved lot, on the street, and in the baseball parking lots across the street from the school. Please DO NOT park in the library parking lot.
Clerk of the Course
- All swimmers are required to check in through Clerk of the Course. No changes can be made at Clerk. Parents are not allowed in Clerk of the Course.
- "A" and "B" Divisions with medals for 1st-3rd and ribbons for 4th-8th place for each division
- Heat Winners: 1st place winners in each heat will be recognized
- High Point: Awards will be given to the boy and girl in each age group who scores the most points
- Team Scoring: A and B Divisions; 1st through 8th place earn points in each division: 9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Volunteer Job Assignments
- All families must volunteer each day their swimmer participates (Buying out of regular season volunteer requirements does not buy you out of invitational volunteer requirements; invitational requirements are separate from your regular 30 units of required volunteer hours). These jobs will be assigned a day or two before the actual event and will be emailed to you. It is your responsibility to check your email and check in with the invitational coordinator (Kathleen Sauter) at the meet to get credit for fulfilling your volunteer requirement.
- A meet sheet will not be emailed to you. You may purchase a program for a small fee on the day of the meet.