Orinda Senior Meet Timing
(this is a team hosted event)
Orinda Aquatics Senior Open Meet, June 25-26
LOCATION: Soda Aquatic Center at Campolindo High School: 300 Moraga Road, Moraga, California.
Peak will be responsible for 1 chair of timing in Lane 1 on the Scoreboard side of the pool on Saturday only.
Message from meet director
- As of now, all COVID-related restrictions at the facility have been lifted, however, the infection rate continues to be high in the community. Please follow any personal masking and distancing safeguards that will allow you to feel comfortable at the meet.
- Both days, we will utilize chase starts, alternating heats from either end of the long-course pool. The current plan is for odd numbered heats to start at the Hill End, even numbered heats at the Scoreboard End with all 50M free heats starting at the Scoreboard End. For the final events of each session, all 1500 free heats will start at the Hill End. If changes are made to this plan, they will be announced at the Coaches' meeting prior to the start of the meet and throughout the meet.
Saturday, the preliminary timeline estimate shows that the many
heats of girls' and boys' 400 free events which open the
session could run longer than 1.5 hours.
Swimmers who plan to delay their arrival at the meet accordingly
need to be aware that:
- The actual scratch rate for our meet last weekend was much higher than what is used to estimate the timeline.
- There will not be LC lanes available for warm-up once the meet starts.
- Check-in for the 1500 free will close at 11:00am each day.
- For the 1500 free at the end of each day, swimmers must provide their own Timers and Lap Counters.
- There will be no set-up permitted on Friday, and the gates to the aquatic facility will not open until 7:00am each morning. As always, your cooperation with and respect for our Marshals will be appreciated, as they enforce facility and fire-code restrictions around the venue. Set-up in the school corridors will not be permitted.
- The Orinda Aquatics Snack Shack will be serving our familiar fare offering breakfast, lunch, snacks, and a variety of beverages. Please check out the attached menu.