Swim Mobile Swim School
All lessons will be taught in the heated, indoor pool at Bishop State.
This is the only program in Mobile with coaches from United States Swimming and the American Swimming Coaches Association.
Participants will follow a progressive learn to swim platform designed to move from water orientation, to entry level skills like air exchange and kicking, with the goal of swimming 15-25 yards unassisted.
- Keep in mind that everyone will progress at different rates. Just keep encouraging them to try the skills the instructors are teaching!
Parents are allowed on the deck, but we do not allow parents to stand/ sit on the side of the pool that we do lessons. We will ask that you have participants use the bathroom before starting lessons so that their time is uninterrupted.
We will have multiple instructors teaching lessons but all instructors will follow the same progression. Our lead instructors include:
- Corinne Priest – former swimmer at Texas A&M, CMSA age group coach,
- Erica Dekle – former swimmer at Birmingham Southern, CMSA age group coach
- Luckett Robinson – Junior National Qualifier, All-State Swimmer, State Champion
- Addison Smith – All-State Swimmer, State Champion
- Anna Ivey – All-State Swimmer, State Champion
- Kennedy Hendryx – All-State Swimmer, State Champion
- Hollie Holbrook - Junior National Qualifier, All-State Swimmer
We’ve designed the schedule of this program to be as flexible as possible. You’ll select the number of lessons you’d like to take, and you’ll even be able to select the days and times that work for your families’ schedule. Available lesson dates/ times will be reserved based on a first come, first served basis. So, if we have 8 spaces available on Tuesday at 5:00pm, the first 8 who reserve those spots will be awarded those spots. If we are unable to accommodate a particular time slot, we will attempt to arrange for the adjacent slot to be utilized.
Please fill out the attached form and return to me, via
e-mail, at your convenience.
Note: We need your form(s) at least one week prior to your first class.
Please feel free to contact me with questions at SHSCCoachTK@aol.com
- Coach Tyler Kerns