Athlete Rep Elections
Below are links to the bios for the 2021 Athlete Rep Candidates. This year we will be electing four Reps!
Be sure to follow @amswimming on Instagram for the latest athlete news and election information. Coming soon: Athlete Candidate Self-Nomination Videos!
The elections will be held on-line through Election Buddy from June 1- 4. To vote you must be
- At least 13 years old (by June 4th)
- A currently registered Athlete Member of AMS/USA Swimming
- Registered to vote in this election Click Here for the Voter Registration Form
Please take a few minutes to read about each candidate and watch the candidate videos on Instagram. Decide which four will best represent the AMS Athletes - and Vote!
2021 ATHLETE REP NOMINEES
Lenny DeMartino - BPR
Alheim DeVan-Bey - GPAC
Ria Dietz - SVSC
Isabella Donato - KW
Sydney Edwards - BPR
Liam Friedlander - JCCS
Katrina Gurchak - NHA
Matt Littleton - RESY
Maddy McClain - NAC
Matthew Purcell - PEAQ
Holden Smith - KW
Parker Sterlitz - FAST
Bill Stilley - MLAC
Haihan Xu - SVSC
AMS is currently seeking candidates for four (4) AMS Athlete Representatives to serve as the voice for the AMS Athletes on the AMS Board of Directors and Athlete Committee.
Terms begin August 1, 2021
- Senior Athlete Rep (2-year term)
- Junior Athlete Rep (2-year term)
- 2 At-Large Athlete Reps (1-year terms)
- Attend AMS Board of Directors meetings (monthly)
- Attend AMS House of Delegates meetings (Spring & Fall)
- Attend AMS Athlete Committee meetings & activities
- Attend the USA Swimming Convention (fall)
- Work with the Senior Vice Chair on LSC related activities
- Work with Senior Athlete Rep to coordinate the Athlete’s Committee
- organize and host regular athlete meetings
- organize social functions for athletes each year
- Engage local athletes to participate in the governance of Allegheny Mountain Swimming
- Assist with planning and organizing the annual AMS Recognition Banquet
- Other activities as needed
At the time of election, the Athlete Representative must
- Be an Athlete Member of USA Swimming in good standing
- Be at least sixteen (16) years of age or at least a sophomore in high school
- Be currently competing, or have competed during the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by AMS or another Local Swimming Committee
- Reside in the within the geographic territory of AMS and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term
APPLICATION PROCESS & VOTING
- Nomination period: May 14 - 24, 2021.
- Interested candidates should complete the self-nomination form below and submit it by the deadline (May 24, 2021)
- Voting will be on-line from June 1 - 4, 2021
- Current athlete members of Allegheny Mountain Swimming age 13 or older must register to vote in the elections.