2017 AMS Athlete Rep Nominations - Deadline 7/14!
June 30, 2017 - July 14, 2017
July 14, 2017
Voting is open July 17 - 24, 2017 for "Junior Athlete Rep" and "At-Large Sophomore Athlete Rep"
To Vote - you must be
- At least 13 years old
- A current Athlete member of USA Swimming
DEADLINE FOR SELF-NOMINATION - FRIDAY JULY 14TH!
2017 AMS ATHLETE REPRESENTATIVE SELF-NOMINATIONS
Nomination Period: June 30 - July 14, 2017
Elections: July 17 – 24, 2017
Term Begins: August 1, 2017
Term Length: Junior Rep - 2 Years (through 7/31/19); At Large Rep (Sophomore) - 3 years (through 7/31/20)
AMS is currently seeking candidates for AMS Athlete Representatives to be the voice for AMS Athletes locally, in the Eastern Zone, and nationally at the USA Swimming Convention. The Athlete Representative position begins August 1, 2017. The Junior Rep will serve two years (Junior Rep - 2017; Senior Rep - 2018) The At-large (Sophomore) will serve three years (At-Large Rep - 2017, Junior Rep - 2018, Senior Rep - 2019)..
• Attend the 2017 USA Swimming Convention (Dallas, Texas Sept 13 – 16, 2017)
• Attend the 2018 USA Swimming Convention (Fall 2018)
• Attend the 2019 USA Swimming Convention (Fall 2019) -at Large (Sophomore)
• Attend AMS Board of Directors meetings (monthly)
• Attend AMS House of Delegates meetings (Spring & Fall)
• Work with the Senior Vice Chair on LSC related activities
• Work with Senior Athlete Rep to coordinate the Athlete’s Committee
• Work with the Senior Athlete Rep to organize and host regular athlete meetings
• Work with Senior Athlete Rep to organize social functions for athletes each year
• Assume roll and responsibilities of Senior Athlete Rep Senior year
• Engage local athletes to participate in the governance of Allegheny Mountain Swimming
• Other activities as needed
At the time of election, the Athlete Representative must
• be an Athlete Member of USA Swimming in good standing
• be at least sixteen (16) years of age or at least a sophomore in high school (2017-18 school year)
• be currently competing, or have competed during the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by AMS or another Local Swimming Committee
• reside in the within the geographic territory of AMS and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term
Interested candidates should complete the self-nomination form below and submit no later than July 14, 2017
Once applications are received and qualifications verified, we will hold an on-line election through the AMS Web Site from July 17 - 24, 2017